3 months to deliver a spare part, you've got to be kidding?

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I wonder how many times a garage breaks something on a customers car but charges the customer for the repair. Or how many working parts are replaced before the faulty part is discovered and the customer is still charged for all the parts. I suspect the latter has happened to me on at least two occasions.

Last edited:
OP
A

AFAIRSHAKE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class B180 CDI SE CVT 2008
It does make you wonder sometime as the catalogue of woe’s increases, when you only brought it in for a bit of air in the front drivers side and you learn that you were lucky to manage get here alive with a car in this condition.

Luckily, I at least had the consolation that the CVT fault on mine was becoming noticeable to a driver who knows the car. As for the ECU, I suppose like all the electrical/computer faults there could have been some kidology involved but I would think replacing all the fault indicated parts would get more money for the garage than whipping on a ECU.

Now to the conclusion of what MB thinks three month without my car has cost or inconvenience me, and as many of you wisely warned me they have made their gesture (£100 off a service) and as far as they are concerned that’s it.
I did let them know that I was not best pleased and that I had started this thread with my thoughts on the matter and invited them to put there own point of view in reply, I was told with a bit of a giggle that MB had a “whole social media team” which deals with that side of things, pity they can’t sack a couple of them and put the money to a flat rate compensation fund for ultra slow parts delivery.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I was in an MB dealer yesterday to buy front windscreen wiper blades for my ML only to be told no one inthe area had any instock including the warehouse in Tongwell. Apparently even Germany are out of stock. Do MB have supply issues?

OP
A

AFAIRSHAKE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class B180 CDI SE CVT 2008
flowrider99
I realize that you are unlikely to be needing a MOT test (your car being a tad younger than mine) but if your car had just failed due to a worn wiper blade would you be left hanging by MB for a REASONABLE time until they could send you the blades. Of course you would be happy in the knowledge that you might get a bit of you're next service.
Not being flippant flowrider, just using you to make the point, I know its a real pain if you can't get what your car needs.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom