C180CGI Blue Efficiency Automatic

markhawkins137

Reaction score
I have recently taken delivery of a C180CGI BlueEfficiency which replaced my C180k (both Automatic). Whilst the new car is excellent when driving in excess of 50mph on "A" roads and Motorways I've noticed that the transmission selection at lower speeds does not seem to be as smooth as the older C180k. This is especially true when having to brake in traffic down to speeds of 10-25 mph and then accelerating away. It's as if the car is decellerating in 5th or 4th and when applying the accelerator it takes a second or two to decide it needs gear 2 or 3 and then surges to catch up. I may have taken this as "just the way it is" if I didn't have the c180k to compare it to. Anyone else experiencing the same frustration? I've seen threads talking to certain BlueEfficiency Injector problems but believe this relates to the Diesel Models only.

alb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 Sport
Hi Mark
I bought the same car in January of this year and had exactly the same problem.
When I mentioned it to the dealer I got the " they all drive like that " reply.
I have had four previous c classes without any problems, in the end I sold it with 1200 miles in the clock.

Allan

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I have driven a couple of blue efficentcy cars and experienced the similar issue. I dont think it is a fault per se. The gearbox software is coded to hold the highest gear possible to maintain the most economic performance. However in the lower ranges it seems to want to hold 3rd when it needs second on the majority of the time.

Do you drive in C or S mode? I would recommend doing daily driving in S mode.

OP
M

markhawkins137

Reaction score
Thanks to all (it's not just my driving then). I have found that S is marginally better than C as it was in the C180k (only difference being the latter would restart in S if selected, but new car defaults to C). I think Mercedes attempt to squeeze a few more miles out of the car have resulted in a less satisfactory drive.
Mark

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I think Mercedes attempt to squeeze a few more miles out of the car have resulted in a less satisfactory drive.

Well, it's to get the emissions, and therefore your road-tax and company car drivers BIK tax as low as possible.

cataloyking

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
glc amg 4matic
gear change

i took delivery of a new c200cdi three weeks ago and notice if you are driving along in the 40-50mph the auto box shifts up and down as if it cannot decide which way to go my previous car was also a c200cdi but not the blue efficiency model and it was more positive in the gearing i spoke with local mb agent today about this and asked if there had been anymore complaints with this he said not to his knowledge but would ask around also asked if there had been an update in software as when i engage either drive or rev the car jumps forward or backwards as there was a software update on the previous car he has booked mine in for the 5th of july to have a look so will give a update after that

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom