Caring owner to an R171 SLK 200 1.8 Kompressor

R1SLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK200 Kompressor 1.8 | W246 B Class B180 BlueEfficiency Sport 1.6 Petrol
**NEWBIE HERE!**

Hi Guys!
Owner of a 2007 Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor in Metalic Obsedian Black with the Sports Pack Trim and factory fitted AMG body kit.

Owned the car since April 2016 and it has been a brilliant drive, and a fun versatile vehicle.

Some might call it a “Hairdressers car” - Well then a hairdresser I am. Haha! (I’m not a hairdresser Btw.)

I see there is a forum specifically for R171 owners across the world, but I join this forum as there are a few Mercedes Benz’s in my house hold and family, and I look forward to learning so much more about The engines, troubleshooting issues and various nifty spats of information that will better help me understand these brilliant cars. I can also share a thing or two about the R171 from things I’ve picked up over the years.

I’m Team MB and can’t bring myself to change my badge. Might even name my first born Daimler. Haha.

Nice to meet you, and thank you all for having me (hopefully).

(... also just purchased a 2012 B180 1.6 BlueEfffiency Sport @ Salvage. Got a really good deal on it. Damage was so minor. Would be good to understand a bit more about these too. As there isn’t much info on the B180. Starting with: Has it got the same / sim similar engine to the A180 1.6 Petrol? Haha)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Welcome buddy , great car you have there :D

OP
R

R1SLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey Wighty,

Thanks for the warm welcome mate! ... It’s not a bad little hair dyer I must say. Certainly packs a punch and has the Ability to leave the few strands of hair I have left on my head Bone dry. -Majority of hair probably lost from driving on the motorway During winter or summer with the roof down haha.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hey Wighty,

Thanks for the warm welcome mate! ... It’s not a bad little hair dyer I must say. Certainly packs a punch and has the Ability to leave the few strands of hair I have left on my head Bone dry. -Majority of hair probably lost from driving on the motorway During winter or summer with the roof down haha.
When you have the roof down and a smug MB smile on your face , who cares what lesser drivers think :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

Excellent choice of car :cool:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi and welcome to the forum :) Any pictures ?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hello and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be part of.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Welcome my wife had a 2004 SLK200K did 90K miles no problems, then a 2010 SLK 200K only 50K miles in 10 years again no problems. Now on a SLC250d another great car, & I get to drive it occasionally.

OP
R

R1SLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
R

R1SLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome my wife had a 2004 SLK200K did 90K miles no problems, then a 2010 SLK 200K only 50K miles in 10 years again no problems. Now on a SLC250d another great car, & I get to drive it occasionally.

Hey Sonic! thank you for the warm welcome. I purchased the car with 38k. It now has 63k (covered 4k since June- Began using it Again for work with COVID). Your wife loves the Mini SL’s doesn’t she? They are really fun cars, and have proven to be low maintenance with very minimal issues. How is she finding the new modern SLC? The styling on them is brilliant. I like the dimming glass roof option and the very comfortable seats on them. Nice little mod cons on them. How’s the experience? Does it feel as nippy driving a diesel? I momentarily had a 2017 C220d coupe. Nice to have all the mod cons, and the turbo diesel was nice and very smooth to drive on long distances. Only thing for me was that I felt like it was lagging In response in comparison to The Petrol slk’s but I put that down to it being a significantly larger and heavier car.

I’m thinking of what to get next...but it definitely has to be a Petrol (Ulez) The SLC has appealed to me... but it’s not practical getting another 2 seater for me, as an everyday (hence the Recent purchase Of the B180). The feeling of a convertible is next to none. I find in all the Slk’s/ SLC’s I’ve been in, it doesn’t even feel like the roof is down when you’re driving it. The design is so sleek the air just rushes over it. With wind deflectors and neck warmers on, you honestly don’t hear any noise or even feel a draft. Love love love em. Hold the roads nicely too. Enjoy the car mate. Brilliant addition to your garage.

OP
R

R1SLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be part of.
Hello Srdl.
Thank you so much. I’ve chipped in every now and then without ever joining. Being a member and fully reading communication between other members resolving issues has been really nice to see. A real community spirit I must say.

OP
R

R1SLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi and welcome to the forum :) Any pictures ?
Hello AJD, thanks for the welcome.
I tried to upload some yesterday via my iPhone, but it wouldn’t allow. I’m Gonna log on my laptop and try and post some from there.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Hey Sonic! thank you for the warm welcome. I purchased the car with 38k. It now has 63k (covered 4k since June- Began using it Again for work with COVID). Your wife loves the Mini SL’s doesn’t she? They are really fun cars, and have proven to be low maintenance with very minimal issues. How is she finding the new modern SLC? The styling on them is brilliant. I like the dimming glass roof option and the very comfortable seats on them. Nice little mod cons on them. How’s the experience? Does it feel as nippy driving a diesel? I momentarily had a 2017 C220d coupe. Nice to have all the mod cons, and the turbo diesel was nice and very smooth to drive on long distances. Only thing for me was that I felt like it was lagging In response in comparison to The Petrol slk’s but I put that down to it being a significantly larger and heavier car.

I’m thinking of what to get next...but it definitely has to be a Petrol (Ulez) The SLC has appealed to me... but it’s not practical getting another 2 seater for me, as an everyday (hence the Recent purchase Of the B180). The feeling of a convertible is next to none. I find in all the Slk’s/ SLC’s I’ve been in, it doesn’t even feel like the roof is down when you’re driving it. The design is so sleek the air just rushes over it. With wind deflectors and neck warmers on, you honestly don’t hear any noise or even feel a draft. Love love love em. Hold the roads nicely too. Enjoy the car mate. Brilliant addition to your garage.
We have the Dec 2016 SLC250d with the 9 speed box, & £30 PA road tax it’s noticeably quicker than the 200K. Power is up 20 Bhp but the touque is a massive 500nms, with a twin turbo & 9 speed box it’s always in the right gear. The 200K is quick but the 5 speed box is a bit slow changing down 2 gears when you want instant acceleration.
We have the Pan roof but not the auto dimming, plus most of the goodies. The only 2 missing are LED headlights & a rear camera. It’s an all around great car, we kept the last one 8 years & I expect the same from this one.

OP
R

R1SLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We have the Dec 2016 SLC250d with the 9 speed box, & £30 PA road tax it’s noticeably quicker than the 200K. Power is up 20 Bhp but the touque is a massive 500nms, with a twin turbo & 9 speed box it’s always in the right gear. The 200K is quick but the 5 speed box is a bit slow changing down 2 gears when you want instant acceleration.
We have the Pan roof but not the auto dimming, plus most of the goodies. The only 2 missing are LED headlights & a rear camera. It’s an all around great car, we kept the last one 8 years & I expect the same from this one.

Ah Brilliant! that’s so true. That’s one thing I find the SLK is missing is some more GEARS! hahaha. But it is a significantly older car, and for a 1.8. It’s not too bad. I’ve kept up with a few Rivals with more torque And BHP (Audi TT 1.8TFSI + Scirocco 2.0 TSI) On a straight run, I was definitely crying out for additional gears to just cruise pass em haha.

I can imagine the SLC250 is really responsive then. It must fly out of the bends and just breeze down a flat Road. The steering is also so much lighter And dynamic on them, probably doesn’t feel as rigid as the older SLK. How do you find the lighter steering and slimmer body?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom