E Coupe, passenger windows closing

Mujja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C207 2016 E350
Hi all

Picked up my first Mercedes over the weekend, a 2016 (65) E350 Couple (C207/W207). Lots of reading of this forum and others to help me chose the right one.

Among a number of small issues one is when the driver's door is opened the rear window drops a little which is all good. However, when the drivers door is closed the window doesn't move back up. I need to manually close it.

Does this just need a reset of some sort. I don't hear it trying to close so I don't believe it's getting jammed somewhere.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Try a reset.

Wind the window down keeping your finger on the button all the time and continue to hold the button down for at least a further five seconds. Then wind the window up and continue to hold the button up for at least five seconds. I think you will need to have the drivers door closed while you do this so the rear window can reset properly.

PS E350 Coupe is a great car - I had one for eight years and loved it.

OP
M

Mujja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C207 2016 E350
I tried the reset after I posted, but I had the drivers window open.

Will try again tomorrow now and report back.

I did a test with both rear windows after a rest. With all four windows down, when I close the nearside rear window it stops when I let go of the switch and remains in position. When I perform the same test on the offside rear window as soon as let go of the switch the window drops an inch, no matter at what position I let go of the switch, 30%, 60% or 90%. If I close the window completely it doesn't drop a little.

Will repeat with the front windows closed tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mujja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C207 2016 E350
Repeated the reset procedure on all four windows this morning and no luck. Passenger's side all works as expected, driver's side rear window won't close fully when drivers door is closed.

When I exit the car keeping the lock button pressed closes the rear window, so the car knows the window isn't completely shut.

OP
M

Mujja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C207 2016 E350
This looks like the fix. Sounds exactly like my issue where the window drops an inch when I let go of the switch while closing.

capture_631b43fbbfe2c152440806969e7ff344a36f4d8b.jpg

Last edited:

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Happy to report I followed the window reset procedure above and the window now closes fully when the driver's door is closed.
Good news - and I’ll try to remember that process for next time we get such a question!

OP
M

Mujja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C207 2016 E350
The window closing reset plus many other tips are mentioned in MBZ Master's YouTube clips.

If you're new to Mercedes like I am they are worth watching. One good tip show's how to set the nearside mirror to drop when reversing so you don't curb your wheels

Top Bottom