Engine diagnosis enigma

jkcharacter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300 CE 1990 3 litre
As the title suggests, my Mercedes vito (55 plate) is causing no end of problems.
I posted that the engine diagnostics light had been in and off over a period of 3 weeks.
Monday this week, it can in while driving on an incline and accelerating. I took the van to be plugged in and read, and no codes were found at all. I previously got a code from a cheap reader which was c0300. The garage that used a much better reader found nothing.
The engine light seems to come on when I get to the same type of round, it’s an incline and accelerating to get up the hill. The garage tested the vacuum for the boost and found no fault. They said it could be over boosting or under boosting ‍♂️

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I'm surprised there is no 'historic' code logged.
Best I can see on't net is the code relates to a rear speed sensor (wheel sensor). That would fit with you going round a round(about?).

1st check the tyre pressures.
Then measure tyre tread depth for wear. Uneven wear across the axle could cause that.
Of course you might have an intermittent fault on one sensor.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Eng oil level triggering
As the title suggests, my Mercedes vito (55 plate) is causing no end of problems.
I posted that the engine diagnostics light had been in and off over a period of 3 weeks.
Monday this week, it can in while driving on an incline and accelerating. I took the van to be plugged in and read, and no codes were found at all. I previously got a code from a cheap reader which was c0300. The garage that used a much better reader found nothing.
The engine light seems to come on when I get to the same type of round, it’s an incline and accelerating to get up the hill. The garage tested the vacuum for the boost and found no fault. They said it could be over boosting or under boosting

Engine oil to full and triggering warning as sloshing around on slope or incline?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom