Fumes

tre123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi estate
I have a E320CDI
i have had some fumes from the air vents since i got it about a year ago but in the last 4-6 weeks this has got really bad espesially when stationary and more so with the heater fan on.

I end up with a film of oil on my face an smelling of oil.
it does not seem to be anything visible in the engine compartment and the exhaust does not appear to be blowing at all

one of the injectors did burst free of the engine just after i got the car and cost about 450 to have repaired -maybe a small leak cud still be there but i can not see or smell it in the engine area
also when i have done a longish jouney just standing near the car you can smell that hot oil stench.

Help please guys and girls?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
sounds like another injector to me. the makings of the 'black death' (well documented here)
id get it looked at asap

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
By the sound of it you have black death, injector seal leaking carbon, this can be very costly if not treated, the injector seats on the head and the injector need to be re-cut, get someone who no's a cdi engine to look at it asap,

Welcome to the forums!

OP
T

tre123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi estate
Thank you guys i had a feeling that was going to be the answer and not one that i relished

OP
T

tre123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi estate
I am in Hastings in east sussex can anyone recommend an indi that will be capable of repairing this for me at a resonable cost?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I am in Hastings in east sussex can anyone recommend an indi that will be capable of repairing this for me at a resonable cost?

The part is pence. Less than £100 all in. Take the cover off, and try cleaning the carbon deposits off yourself...but be careful.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
The seats really need recutting on the head and injector, its the only correct way of doing it!!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom