Hello From EuroCarParts

DB autos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sls in my dreams
Hi you say that pourshe cayeen pads are padgid which they are but ecp pads are a different colour and the finsh is nothing like main dealer ones no backing plates no stamp on side of pad looked very cheap,didn't even won't to fit. Also the serviceyou got afew months ago was appalling stoped all runs around area saying not spending enough and not a loyal customer after been using them for over 10 year and only spend around 10'ooo a year iwas not the only person it affected there was 6 garages within miles and stoped all of them over 100.000 year between use we spent. When tried to get answers from higher ups was not interested , shows how they look after the customers. Dan

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I ordered Pagid pads & brake sensors, came boxed complete with new caliper bolts and locating brackets. Look identical to the original pads and perform the same too, just cost a lot less.

Russ

Stocker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
(W215) CL500.... GONE. (W212) E63s
Is this discount trade only or available to joe public who enjoy getting down and dirty ?

OP
EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
Hi mate
The discount is for all forum members to help them save money on keeping their car at its peak :)

_Taz_

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E63 6.3NA AMG Tenorite Estate MCT 7g
Can you actually pick up parts from a local depot yet ?

I was given the old BS that I had to come down & pay in person ? PRIOR to ordering ??!!? As if I have time for that rubbish.

Funny that when later, the bloke on the phone was more than happy to take my card details & have it delivered to my personal address & NOT my workplace anyhow ?

What is that all about ? I have used ECP in the past, but this dreadful service just takes me elsewhere.

Can you improve this ? :)

cheers.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
ECP, lets talk warranty. Can you talk me through your warranty process and labour rates. If we have a faulty part supplied by ecp, what is the returns process and reimbursement/replacement of part and labour and your labour rate payable?
We receintly fitted a steering rack that had a fault occur after a couple of months, a replacement was sent out but charged for (apparently if we claim labour it will take months to reimburse for the part), the labour rate payable by ecp is insulting, other additional cost (oil, geometry etc) will not be paid for, why then should we purchase parts from ecp with a substandard warranty.
If a MB part goes wrong, mb will change it for you.

OP
EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
Can you actually pick up parts from a local depot yet ?

I was given the old BS that I had to come down & pay in person ? PRIOR to ordering ??!!? As if I have time for that rubbish.

Funny that when later, the bloke on the phone was more than happy to take my card details & have it delivered to my personal address & NOT my workplace anyhow ?

What is that all about ? I have used ECP in the past, but this dreadful service just takes me elsewhere.

Can you improve this ? :)

cheers.

Currently all discount codes can ONLY be used online - there is no facility to use this in store - HOWEVER in the next 3-4 weeks we will be switchin on our Click and Collect service - Allowing you to choose the items, use the club discount and collect in store :cool: *WIN WIN*

As far as deliveries go - Yes we only deliver to the registered cards address for security purposes. This will most likely not be changed in the immediate future - But with Click and Collect you wont need to :D

ECP, lets talk warranty. Can you talk me through your warranty process and labour rates. If we have a faulty part supplied by ecp, what is the returns process and reimbursement/replacement of part and labour and your labour rate payable?
We receintly fitted a steering rack that had a fault occur after a couple of months, a replacement was sent out but charged for (apparently if we claim labour it will take months to reimburse for the part), the labour rate payable by ecp is insulting, other additional cost (oil, geometry etc) will not be paid for, why then should we purchase parts from ecp with a substandard warranty.
If a MB part goes wrong, mb will change it for you.

With regards the warranty procedure, I dont deal with sales or warranty, so il be honest i dont know much about it. It would be best to contact your local branch who can supply you the warranty T&Cs and if you have any questions they can come and visit you.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
With regards the warranty procedure, I dont deal with sales or warranty, so il be honest i dont know much about it. It would be best to contact your local branch who can supply you the warranty T&Cs and if you have any questions they can come and visit you.

Oh yes they have been discussed at length, head and brick wall come to mind. We have taken the decision not to fit ecp parts, especially those that are labour intensive.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Smacks of a stack-it-high-sell-it-cheap setup.

I'm sure very good most of the time assuming for run of the mill products and assuming nothing goes wrong.

However with a dysfunctional website (can't match the car number to model), "send me a PM" when that option has been turned off by ECP, someone who insists on calling most people "mate" and a supply of negative comments from people with direct experience - not for me thanks.

OP
EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
Smacks of a stack-it-high-sell-it-cheap setup.

I'm sure very good most of the time assuming for run of the mill products and assuming nothing goes wrong.

However with a dysfunctional website (can't match the car number to model), "send me a PM" when that option has been turned off by ECP, someone who insists on calling most people "mate" and a supply of negative comments from people with direct experience - not for me thanks.

Thanks for your comments.....

No website is perfect, however ours is the number one car parts website in the UK - with circa 20,000 orders a month we only have a hand full of issues (especially teething issues now we have introduced our new parts lookup) and we welcome members of the forum to give their feedback (how can we fix or improve soemthing if we don't know about it!)

Negative comments from users with past experience - Its good to get them into the air so we can try and improve We only look after the web and Click and Collect service but we can pass things to all levels of management from directors to branches - I welcome all true comments based on past experience, but i dont welcome direct attacks - We're here to support the forum aswell remember...

Calling people Mate - atleast its friendly, im not a fan of calling people by their forum names - and only a handful of members have a forum name ralating to a real name (or list their real name in their sig) - These i address by name (ie/ Malcom / television)

If its not for you, then fair enough, but let us try and improve, and support the forum?

_Taz_

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E63 6.3NA AMG Tenorite Estate MCT 7g
Fair play if you really are attempting to resolve things ECP & good to see you taking the challenges as constructive.

In the past when it all got too much hassle ( I won't go into your couriers you use, not your work vans for trade ), I'd simply phone my mate who owns a garage & have the bits delivered there & pay him.

This however isn't ideal, as not everybody has access to a friendly local garage !

I will look out for the click & collect :)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Yodel, anyone who thinks thats a good for a courier needs de-trendifying therapy,
an automated 0871 number and seemingly no direct contact with the van drivers.
Please ECP think about dropping them until they get their act together.
I waited for my delivery, twice I have had a card and we were in, sat 3 yards from the door no knock no nothing just a silent card drop.
Do I have to sit in the drive way to get my delivery ?

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Thanks for your comments.....

No website is perfect, .....(how can we fix or improve soemthing if we don't know about it!)

Calling people Mate - atleast its friendly, im not a fan of calling people by their forum names - and only a handful of members have a forum name ralating to a real name (or list their real name in their sig) - These i address by name (ie/ Malcom / television)

If its not for you, then fair enough, but let us try and improve, and support the forum?

Sorry sunshine (take that as friendly).

Indeed no website is perfect, but basic testing is a good way to start.

However, if you set up shop selling parts for cars, the fact that your website fails to recognise my car - worse, incorrectly identifies my car is pretty fundamental.

My name is contained in my signature, so try again.

Stop being defensive - your site is dysfunctional - you have a lot to improve.

As I said, stack it high, sell it cheap is fine for routine stuff, but lesson number one - you have a stock of car spares. I am a potential customer. I have the money to exchange for those spares. You want to separate me from that money. If I say your website doesn't work (and it's glaringly obvious that it doesn't) - take it on the chin and make it work.

An old maxim - "THE CUSTOMER IS KING" - maybe worth consideration.

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
I was addressed as "mate" by a female PCSO young enough to be my daughter the other day.

"Mate?" says I. "Do we know each other? Are we 'mates'?" I asked her. Might as well have been speaking a different language from the look she gave me.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Ordered a rear LH window regulator for my 210 E class estate online last Friday, taking advantage of the 25% discount and free postage, simple request.

Part arrived yesterday, it is in a WAHR box with the correct ident, but it is not the correct part. The box has been opened and resealed, presumably with the wrong part. The part no. I require is 49222910 and the received part doesn't even have a part number (I've looked very hard). The unit delivered bolts into the door and the correct fitting is pop riveted.

Will try ECP customer services tomorrow, will keep you all posted.

Very disappointed!

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Hi Malcom

Really sorry for the inconvenience, Has this been sorted by our customer service team?

Coming into this thread late:

I would have though as the forum "front desk" you would have been telling Malcolm it was sorted, not asking him to tell you :confused:.

OP
EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
Coming into this thread late:

I would have though as the forum "front desk" you would have been telling Malcolm it was sorted, not asking him to tell you :confused:.

John,

Its impossible to pinpoint an order, even if we know what part it is for, without a order number and with no PM facility we have to wait to see if Malcom has resolved it or not.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Rang customer services who issued a returns code straightaway. This then left me with a part requiring repackaging and sending off via parcelforce (the whole idea of buying online is to save me time).

Anyway decided to take the part into local branch (Leicester) and deal direct (as I wanted the correct part), luckily they had the part in stock and the item was swapped, maintaining the 25% discount which improved my mood slightly.

The conclusion of this experience:

The web site works

They sent the wrong part in the right box (the box had been opened at some time and resealed)

The part delivered had no part number, so identification was impossible, adding to the chaos. I can't imagine working in a warehouse where there are no part numbers, anything found floating out of it's box has no identity.

I won't be using the ECP online service again!!

By comparison MB Inchcape of Oxford offer an online service with a 10% discount that works.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom