injection pump timing on sprinter 310 TD 2.9

marcogogogo

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter 310 TD / 1998 / 2.9 lt
hi,
i have a sprinter 310 TD 2.9 lt engine om602la.
i changed the injection pump drive sprocket, but the engine is not firing. how do i set the timing on the injection pump? please help!

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Wow this has been a long time so bare with me.....
If anyone else has wis up maybe they could clarify but I seem to think the pump timing for number one is twelve degrees after tdc. Set the engine to twelve degrees after then you must disengage the pump.
When the woodruff key is at eleven o clock this is the start of injection on number one cylinder.
Then ideally a dti gauge is needed to load the plunger lift correctly although you can get it just about right with common sense as there is a small bolt to adjust the fine tuning of the pump.
I hope this helps. I work on cars mostly and that particular engine was only fitted to the mk 1 sprinter . Like I said it was a long time ago!!!!!!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom