Mercedes-Benz and my MOT

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
As many of you will have read about my ongoing dispute with Mercedes-Benz, three and a half years and counting, my appointment last December for an MOT was declined by MB Chelsea, I was expected to take my car elsewhere, which, of course, would mean my car would no longer be the responsibility of MB Chelsea. The effect would be if I found damage, (bodywork/mechanical) parts missing etc, MB would be able to deny any liability, as maintained in previous correspondence.

Today, I received a letter from MB's Legal department at Head Office informing me that a cheque for £28,000 had been sent to my solicitor, I claimed £35,543.12p and that;

To assist you, we have put your car through its MOT where it passed and now has a valid certificate for one year.

Great news, why was my booked MOT refused six months ago, why?

I have sent a personal letter to Mr Kelly, copied to Mr Steffen and Mr Williamson which I hope will bring some sanity to this situation. but, on previous experience I doubt it.

I do not know if others on this forum would agree, but, when engineers built and designed cars and the "bean counters" were subordinate, cars were more robust. I was thinking about VW, the insulation on the HT leads were "downgraded" to save a "penny" per unit and when they failed replacements had to be supplied and fitted, free. For a hap'th of tar, the ship was lost.:confused:

Last edited:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
a hapeth of tar is right.
What bean counters never see is the knock on costs. Sure they save a couple of quid on the build, but the results is a couple of hundred added onto warranty claims, plus the cost in goodwill. But then that's someone else's budget so it doesn't count.
Bean counters are essential, but should never be allowed to make decisions. That road always leads to destruction.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am pleased that this is all coming to a close and you can now drive the car, thats good news

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
I am pleased that this is all coming to a close and you can now drive the car, thats good news

I do hope so, it all depends on the reply to my letter to the MD, MB Uk.

Top Bottom