mercedes benz clk coupe 270 cdi

glenboll

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello,

I am new to this site/driving/Mercedes-Benz

I am looking to buy a mercedes benz clk coupe 270 cdi elegance Auto 2004 about 70,000.

Firstly, this is going to be my first car so I have never bought a car before is there anything in particular that I should look for with this model?

Secondly, does anyone have a vague idea, apart from gov stats, about actual mpg for this car?

Any help/ideas/input would be very much appreciated

Glen Boll

T1M4

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I had a 55 clk 220 CDI, it was manual so the mpg will be better than an auto in that respect, but on a run driving it carefully doing about 60 mph I would get between 50-52 mpg around town driving it will drop down.
With a 2004 make sure you check all of the wheel arches for rust.

avsdoyle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209/2004/320 Petrol
2004/2005 was around the time they changed from D2B electronic to I think MOST. This would impact iPod/iPhone integrations. MOST is more compatible with iPod/iPhone.

There is also the issue of Valeo Radiator problem to consider. Do a search on this forum.

I have a 2004 CLK 320 petrol from new and it is lovely car. 110k miles of enjoyment. Totally recommend it.

A little rust showing now in the wheel arches but the bodywork was much better - new paint/rust treatment was introduced around 2003/2004. Malcolm, known as Television on this site, has posted details.

Overall I would try go for a 2005+ car.

Main costs I had recently bushes/track rods on front suspension both sides (£800 over two year period). Wear and tear items due to mileage and road ramps. Crankshaft Sensor I think (£200), Rear Brake Pipes replaced due to corrosion (£180)

Last edited:
OP
G

glenboll

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello,

Thanks for the input its been a help. Ive found a nice model for a reasonable price and the car seems to be in good order (getting a mechanic to give it the once over first). I cannot wait to pick it up I hope that the car holds up and gives me many-a-mile of enjoyment.

Glen

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom