Mercedes left rear door lock issue

Sophia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 C180K estate
Dear everybody,

My Mercedes c180k estate's rear door can not be locked or unlocked by either the key or the console, but if i manually push down the button then close the door, it can be locked. It is not bouncing up and down, but no reaction with key, auto, or central console except a noise. It seems like it is trying...all other three doors work well.

Details:

1. When trying to lock/unlock the left rear door with key or console or auto lock when driving, it won't lock/unlock, but come with a noise sound.

2. At beginning, it cannot be unlocked, I cannot open it by anyway, but after a few days, after a noise, it can be locked/unlocked manually

3. Now I can lock the door by pushing down the button, and open it from inside handle

Anyone who can help, Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hard to know, the rod could be too tight in the grommet where it passes through the door skin.

OP
S

Sophia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 C180K estate
Hard to know, the rod could be too tight in the grommet where it passes through the door skin.

Thanks television,
i found a pic of Mercedes rear door, and the noise is coming from the part where the yellow arrow pointed. is that where the rod you mentioned located? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 5

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
You do need someone to look at it, not sure if the solenoid is an integral part of the lock, these do play up from time to time.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is actually a motor.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Is it part of the lock or separate?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom