Mercedes-Me Adapter

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Available now on Android. Just installed it, says only works on MY 2014+

Typically, I can't find my BT adapter to see if there's any functionality at all on my 57 plater!

From what I've read there's 2 different apps. Ones for 2014 cars and then a different one for the retrofit.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Talking to MB SW today, most punters are more interested with what they can plug in than the actual car itself. But most that buy them are on a tight budget and can barely afford the extra's, if at all.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Spoke to MB M/Keynes today after downloading the apple app, it says contact dealer to register car. this was an app that came out on the new C class and would only be on certain models. my ML aint one of them but pretty much as Carl says there is a new one out in September to cover all models and there will be a big promotional launch.

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
No one knows yet as it's not available in the UK until Sept.

rcoley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205/2014/2ltr
The price of the adapter is £45 including vat

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
Has anyone else had any luck with this? The Mercedes portal told me the car was ready to connect straight up with the app and would be ready to go. So I did all the application & right at the end it told me to ring customer service and complete the connection.
So, I rang and the lady told me that actually my car didn't have an adaptor. Then soon as I came off the phone I get an email saying I've been connected and hey presto the app comes to life and I get all the fuel level & remote parking etc but they just need to be enabled. Right, back to the online portal I go to enable the services and it says the adaptor is activating. After a while of having my phone connected I got nothing & still hasn't activated.
I rang customer service again & a different lady confirmed that the car 100% wasn't fitted with an adaptor and it needed retrofitting. The U.K. Based call centre lady told me to simply contact my dealer and get the adaptor fitted.

Ive given Mercedes teeside a ring & the sales rep didn't have a clue what I was talking about, I actually sounded really stupid trying to explain what it did because he really didn't understand at all. Anyway he spoke to someone else who told him the adaptor wasn't available in the U.K. Yet. Now this is completely different to what a U.K. Mercedes me representative told me and different to what the Mercedes app tells me.

I've read on here about people with 2014 + cars like mine who have this service working? Can anybody shed light on what's going on and if this adaptor is actually available? I know I could buy one on eBay for £40 that comes from Germany but not sure if it's the same As what the U.K. Version is or should be.

Thanks

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Some cars like yours have the function built in and don't require an adapter.

You can buy the adapter (you don't need to) but from what I have been told Mercedes have to register the adapter to the car from STAR.

Not sure how true that is but the adapter won't be ready in the UK until Jan 17 at the earliest was the last I was told. This is despite the Mercedes me website telling me it's available for my vehicle when I log in.

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
Carl, my car is 14 e class. Should it be built in?

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I think so as the adapter is for pre 2013 cars iirc.

It obviously is built in as you can use the app now and get fuel level etc.

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
I think so as the adapter is for pre 2013 cars iirc.

It obviously is built in as you can use the app now and get fuel level etc.

Think you've mis-understood what I said. The lady from Mercedes me told me my car needed the adaptor fitted, when I came off the phone the app then suddenly connected with the car and said I needed to go online to the Mercedes portal to enable which services I wanted.

When I logged in it said that when the phone was connected back up with the car Mercedes me would be activated. After a short while nothing had happened so I rang Mercedes back up where another lady confirmed I 100% didn't have the adaptor and would need it fitting.

She also told me it was available and just needed to go to my dealer.

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
In that case you will need the adapter.

I get this on the website.

e97d6345aa559d4ed0124313ffeff201.png

However I phoned MercedesMe direct on 00800 9 777 7777 and they said the adapter is not yet available and won't be in the UK until 2017.

This shows what countries it is Available in and as yet the UK and Ireland is not yet available.

7ff33298e5910f2abd1cbfdae3eceac4.png

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
Hi again carl, the picture you have posted is what I've been getting.
Just a quick question, when you log into you're portal & click your vehicle does it say 'Mercedes me connect' with a wifi symbol like the image I've attached?

Been looking on eBay and there is masses of companies selling the adaptor for around £40 but they are based in Germany. I'm tempted to try one.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 33
OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
No I don't. I believe it is a separate app as when I try to download it through iTunes it says I need to be on the German App Store to get it.

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
I wonder my the hell my car has that little wifi symbol then. I'm not a tech expert but to me it's as if the car is giving off a adaptor signal or something like that...

I have my previous c class connected to my portal which is also compatible with the adaptor and that doesn't have any connect me symbol. It's starting to become frustrating.
I've uploaded a couple more photos of what mum
Portal Says when I go into Mercedes me

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 36
OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I'll have another look at mine again tomorrow when I get home from work.

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
If you find anything out let me know. I've got the joys of going xmas shopping at London tomorrow for the weekend, but when I get back on Monday I'm going to take the car to my dealer. From what I've seen on other forums the dealer most have to do something

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I'm lead to believe the dealer has to activate the adapter to work with the app via STAR. But when I spoke to Teesside they had no idea and no info about it.

If I do find anything I'll let you know.

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
I spoke to the parts team from Mercedes and the bloke didn't have the foggiest what I was going on about. He didn't know anything about Mercedes me, an adaptor or even a app that could help with the car.

From what I can tell my car is Connected but needs activating.
Hope you can get yourself sorted soon also

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Apparently my car is enabled, I just have to activate it, either online, or if you want the remote unlocking feature, at the dealer armed with a case full of ID.

As visiting a MB dealer means taking time off work and at least an hours round trip plus how ever long they need, online activation was the way to go for now. This process is easier said than done!

Originally the website said I had to go the car and press the info call button - which I haven't got.
Then some time later I have another look and it says if you haven't got the button, use the MB contact in the multi-media system contact list - which isn't there!

So do some more digging and find a phone number, available up to 7pm Mon to Fri.
So at 18:10 I dial it, get through to a lovely sounding lady who informs me the mercedes-me team close at 6pm!!

One day I will get activated though expect to be totally underwelmed with it as I was when I eventually got my COMAND on-line to connect to the internet!

Why is anything like this such a pain in the backside where Mercedes-Benz is involved?????

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom