Mercedes-Me Adapter

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Don't know. It appears from the instructions it doesn't need to be.

Cheers, I am in the mood for buying toys at the moment

I asked as on the MB website it says take it to your MB dealer to authorise

Last edited:

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
I think if you require the remote unlocking feature the dealer has to see the necessary paper work.

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
It won't work with remote unlock for me unless I'm near the car. I don't have built in wifi which I believe is required for all the remote access features.

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
You need your dealer to link your vehicle to your Mercedes me account and not the adapter to the vehicle.

How to set up your personal access to your Mercedes-Benz vehicle:

Step 1: Checking the prerequisites
You can obtain the Mercedes me Adapter at your preferred Mercedes-Benz Service partner, who will activate the service for you and will be glad to help you set it up. Check first whether your vehicle is compatible with the Mercedes me Adapter. (List of compatible Mercedes-Benz vehicles) You also need a smartphone on which the Mercedes me Adapter app can be installed. You'll find the necessary requirements and the links to the app stores here. Install the Mercedes me Adapter app on your smartphone. Sign in to your personal Mercedes me user account. If you don't have an account yet, you can register here free of charge. Please remember to accept the terms of use of the Mercedes me Adapter. (You will find them in your personal account at the Mercedes me Portal under Menu > Terms of Use > Terms of Use for Mercedes me Adapter services)
If these requirements are met, you can have your Mercedes-Benz Service partner link your vehicle to your Mercedes me user account.
Step 2: Connecting the adapter and coupling via Bluetooth®
Insert the adapter into the diagnostics interface ('OBD2 socket') of your vehicle. (see illustration) If necessary, you can attach the lid to the adapter using the enclosed Velcro sticker. The red LED on the adapter now starts to flash. You now have three minutes to connect your smartphone with the adapter via Bluetooth®. To do so, look for the device named 'MB....' in the Bluetooth® menu of your smartphone. Once your vehicle is linked with the adapter, the LED will turn a steady blue. Repeat the process if you are unable to complete it in the 3 minutes alloted.
Step 3: Starting up the adapter by means of the app
Now start the app on your smartphone, sign in to your Mercedes me user account if you're not already signed in and select 'Add new vehicle.' Please make sure you have a stable Internet connection. If you have already created a vehicle in the app, activate 'My Vehicle' and select 'Add another vehicle.' After prompted to do so by the app, start the engine of your vehicle for the remainder of the installation. The vehicle data will now be determined and verified, and your preferred service partner which you specified at the Mercedes me portal will also be adopted in the the app. Follow the instructions in the app to complete the startup process. After prompted to do so by the app, stop the engine again and confirm the completion of the startup.
Your vehicle has now been created successfully and you can use all functions of the Mercedes me Adapter.

Depending on the vehicle model, the diagnostics interface ('OBD2 socket') is located in different positions in the footwell of your vehicle.

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Spoke to Mercedes Perth as although shipped it hasn't arrived with the post today.

Will be tomorrow when it arrives. They apologised for the delay.

They also said it should be pretty much plug and play.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Spoke to Mercedes Perth as although shipped it hasn't arrived with the post today.

Will be tomorrow when it arrives. They apologised for the delay.

They also said it should be pretty much plug and play.

You are the guinea pig then :)

I have the app now on my phone logged to my Mercedes Me account and my car is already logged in to it

Last edited:
OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Did you get Merc to do anything? Mine isn't showing on the app

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Did you get Merc to do anything? Mine isn't showing on the app

Nope, opened an account when I got the car.

According to the MB web site it isn't compatible but the E-Bay listing says it is?????

I think you have to get the dealer to authorise it looking at what is says on the app

Last edited:
OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I've just had mine added to my acct over the dog by Mercedes Teesside. Even had an email to confirm it and it's logged in Mercedes Me portal when I go online. I don't however have it showing on the app which is odd.

The lady who did it said once I have the adapter everything available for my car will come active.

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
The app says yours is compatible.

7152baf33761fd18e9d24a26f91aaaa1.png

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
That's what I said.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's what I said.

I logged my car to the "Mercedes Me" thing on the web so I hope if I plug the adapter in it will automatically log it but I doubt it will be that easy!!

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Ahh ok. I've had an email saying my car is linked to my account. So it should populate everything tomorrow when I get the adapter.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ahh ok. I've had an email saying my car is linked to my account. So it should populate everything tomorrow when I get the adapter.

That is probably the key to it

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
It does say drive round for a bit to obtain a data connection. But I'll sit on the drive as my phone will be connected to the home wifi.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It does say drive round for a bit to obtain a data connection. But I'll sit on the drive as my phone will be connected to the home wifi.

Sounds like a plan to me :p

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
That is probably the key to it

Ring your stealer with the Chassis no. and email address for the mercedes me acct as that was all I had to provide.

Failing that ring Teesside 01642 677877. I got the email confirmation whilst I was still on the phone to them

MacoE250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250
I'm going to call into Newcastle today because supposedly they have them in stock. Just thinking tho, the adaptor needs a Bluetooth connection set up with your phone. So won't you basically need to be stood within a few feet of the car to use the features? Or could I for instance Be walking round some shopping centre a mile or so away from the car park and still get notice that the doors have been unlocked?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm going to call into Newcastle today because supposedly they have them in stock. Just thinking tho, the adaptor needs a Bluetooth connection set up with your phone. So won't you basically need to be stood within a few feet of the car to use the features? Or could I for instance Be walking round some shopping centre a mile or so away from the car park and still get notice that the doors have been unlocked?

You need to be within 10m (????) for a BT connection to work

Top Bottom