Mobile star diagnosis - is it possible?

isokon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
95 mercedes e300 turbo diesel
My previous post yesterday summed up problems with 99 w210 300td stuck in a single gear probably limp mode. What i am wondering is if there are mobile star diagnosis people in and around London who can come and reset the ecu or at least read off the codes. I don't particularly want to drive any distance given one, the strain on the engine, but also the strain on my own sanity with the rev's constantly around 3000. The thought of a bypass or motorway understandably brings me out in cold sweats.

Any help would be appreciated though probably missed last post for any presents in return.

Cheers Frank

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Even if the fault gets diagnosed you will still more than likely have to get the car taken to a place to be fixed so why not just do that ?
I had mine stick in 2nd.. Had to drive 12 miles to a place of repair, not fun driving at 3k and barely 30 mph.. Still got 30 mpg though !

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Even if the fault gets diagnosed you will still more than likely have to get the car taken to a place to be fixed so why not just do that ?
I had mine stick in 2nd.. Had to drive 12 miles to a place of repair, not fun driving at 3k and barely 30 mph.. Still got 30 mpg though !

Pilot bush?

jib

Rich-J

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi estate '04
I bet any money its the 'Speed Sensor Circuit board fault', mine failed and car wouldn't get out of 1st, couldn't select any gears. About £300 to repair via an indie.

MB came out to the house and its the fault code they read, took it a autobox specailist and said they keep the part in stock as its very common on MB auto cars.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Pilot bush?

jib

mine was the electro plate,( is it?) the thingy in the gearbox :lol: which was diagnosed correctly over the phone and verified when it went to be fixed.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom