1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile star diagnosis - is it possible?

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by isokon, Dec 18, 2010.

1. isokon

isokon Member

Your Mercedes:
    95 mercedes e300 turbo diesel
    My previous post yesterday summed up problems with 99 w210 300td stuck in a single gear probably limp mode. What i am wondering is if there are mobile star diagnosis people in and around London who can come and reset the ecu or at least read off the codes. I don't particularly want to drive any distance given one, the strain on the engine, but also the strain on my own sanity with the rev's constantly around 3000. The thought of a bypass or motorway understandably brings me out in cold sweats.

Any help would be appreciated though probably missed last post for any presents in return.

Cheers Frank

2. Rappey69

Rappey69 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220 w204 amg sport
    Even if the fault gets diagnosed you will still more than likely have to get the car taken to a place to be fixed so why not just do that ?
    I had mine stick in 2nd.. Had to drive 12 miles to a place of repair, not fun driving at 3k and barely 30 mph.. Still got 30 mpg though !

3. dieselman

dieselman Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    A diesel
  4. jibcl500

jibcl500 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500,ML55,SLK280
    Pilot bush?

jib

5. Rich-J

Rich-J Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220 cdi estate '04
    I bet any money its the 'Speed Sensor Circuit board fault', mine failed and car wouldn't get out of 1st, couldn't select any gears. About £300 to repair via an indie.

MB came out to the house and its the fault code they read, took it a autobox specailist and said they keep the part in stock as its very common on MB auto cars.

6. Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    C220CDI AMG Line Premium, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
    Sounds like a duff battery throwing it into limp mode which will in turn keep it in 2nd gear.

7. Rappey69

Rappey69 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220 w204 amg sport
    mine was the electro plate,( is it?) the thingy in the gearbox :lol: which was diagnosed correctly over the phone and verified when it went to be fixed.