My first Mercedes C class

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to buy my first Mercedes, and I just stopped on C class from 2015-2017. Really like this car and I would like to ask if is anything in particular to look after ? Mechanical, model, stuff like that. If someone could give me a couple advice I will really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot! ✌

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Hi and welcome

Loads to choose from:

Body style
Useage
Mileage - Petrol or Diesel
Colour
Budget

I would look for at least the "Premium Package" and avoid the hybrids

Last edited:
OP
C

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
Hi and welcome

Loads to choose from:

Body style
Useage
Mileage - Petrol or Diesel
Colour
Budget

I would look for at least the "Premium Package" and avoid the hybrids
Hi mate,

First of all thanks for reply.
I’m looking for saloon C class diesel 220 or 250, budget 16-17k color black or dark blue.
Definitely I will choose one with the panoramic roof. What about the engine? Which one is better ? Thanks for your help much appreciated!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi mate,

First of all thanks for reply.
I’m looking for saloon C class diesel 220 or 250, budget 16-17k color black or dark blue.
Definitely I will choose one with the panoramic roof. What about the engine? Which one is better ? Thanks for your help much appreciated!

The 220 and 250 are the same 2.1CDi engine, 250 has more power, if buying Diesel then you need to do over 14k a year or long runs quite often to keep the DPF etc clean

This is nice

OP
C

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
The 220 and 250 are the same 2.1CDi engine, 250 has more power, if buying Diesel then you need to do over 14k a year or long runs quite often to keep the DPF etc clean

This is nice

They all have DPF??? I was thinking also to
Look for a car which also has ULEZ just in case I might have to use it for town etc.
Is it expensive to run?
Thank you.

OP
C

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
They all have DPF??? I was thinking also to
Look for a car which also has ULEZ just in case I might have to use it for town etc.
Is it expensive to run?
Thank you.
Do you recommend petrol over diesel? Probably I will not do more than 10k a year. Thanks

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do you recommend petrol over diesel? Probably I will not do more than 10k a year. Thanks

I will not buy another diesel, too many problems with AdBlue systems (It crystalises in the system from under use), DPF's etc and it is currently 20ppl dearer

OP
C

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
I will not buy another diesel, too many problems with AdBlue systems (It crystalises in the system from under use), DPF's etc and it is currently 20ppl dearer
Ok, thank you. What about petrol? Which engine shall I look for? Or all good? Is the consumption a lot more on petrol? Thanks

OP
C

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
10K - petrol all day, everyday, and more at weekends... :cool::p:D
I had once a petrol car and I was shocked how much was consuming. That’s why I’m a bit concerned about petrol if you know what I mean. In the same time I would like something to don’t have it more in garage than on the road if you know what I mean.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I had once a petrol car and I was shocked how much was consuming. That’s why I’m a bit concerned about petrol if you know what I mean. In the same time I would like something to don’t have it more in garage than on the road if you know what I mean.
My V6 3.0 petrol is averaging over 32mpg for ~80,000 miles - with the price difference between petrol and diesel and all the associate carp on modern diesels it’s an absolute no brainer

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Is it expensive to run?
Hello and welcome. Petrol will use more fuel but diesel engines have so much more to go wrong and that is likely to cost more in the long run. Is it expensive to run? Well, it's a Mercedes and they are never cheap to run. They were expensive cars when they were new and parts and maintenance reflect this.

OP
C

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
Hello and welcome. Petrol will use more fuel but diesel engines have so much more to go wrong and that is likely to cost more in the long run. Is it expensive to run? Well, it's a Mercedes and they are never cheap to run. They were expensive cars when they were new and parts and maintenance reflect this.
Thanks for your reply, what I’m trying to say is it worth it to buy petrol over diesel?? I will deff do some long runs as well and to be honest I always preferred diesel. Any advice which petrol or diesel shall I look for in particular ? Thanks again

OP
C

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
My V6 3.0 petrol is averaging over 32mpg for ~80,000 miles - with the price difference between petrol and diesel and all the associate carp on modern diesels it’s an absolute no brainer
Thanks for your reply, any other advices to look for when I search on petrol c class? Thank you

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for your reply, any other advices to look for when I search on petrol c class? Thank you
The bigger the engine the betterer :cool:

Steve Paul Thompson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 W204 C350cdi Blue efficiency sport

This is nice

I,ve owned a C350 Cdi for almost 3 years now and only average about 6000 miles a year. The only problem I,ve had with the Dpf is when the pressure sensor failed. A new sensor fixed it and it,s been ok for the last 2 years, although I have added Dpf regenerator to the fuel tank as a safeguard several times.:)

OP
C

Catalin91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2017
I,ve owned a C350 Cdi for almost 3 years now and only average about 6000 miles a year. The only problem I,ve had with the Dpf is when the pressure sensor failed. A new sensor fixed it and it,s been ok for the last 2 years, although I have added Dpf regenerator to the fuel tank as a safeguard several times.:)
Thanks for your reply mate, can you tell me more about dpf regenerator to the fuel tank please how often? Is it for every car with a dpf? Any advice about the one I’m looking for C class 2015-2017. Thanks again

Steve Paul Thompson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 W204 C350cdi Blue efficiency sport
Hi, adding the regenerator to the tank causes the exhaust gases to reach the temperature required to burn off the soot in the Dpf in shorter journeys. Sorry, but don,t know much about the 2015- 2017 cars, but have heard that cars with Adblue have problems with sensors.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom