Nexen Tires???

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Thanks. I did read this too. And read the n8000 ones. Will update in few days.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
i missed you had updated this thread seem to have been off here a lot lately, but glad you went with the N8000 they were the ones i would suggest. i've now done about 5k on mine and they are great even in the downpoor this weekend it handled the standing water amazingly well.

glad your having a good experiance too

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Matt, can I bump this back up and see what and how they are lasting nearly a year on, I need to swap out 2 tyres ( michelins which have only lasted the same 25k miles that the avons which were half the price did.... So not impressed)

Looking at these now ( nexen n'fera su1) or the n8000 as the avons have jumped about £10 each in a year since I last got some.. The car has another 35k miles on and I'm loathed to be putting expensive tyres on again that last less than other decentish tyres

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Ricardo,

they have been on now for a couple of hundred off 20k and have about 5mm tread left all round, so going well i would say.

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Wow much better than my michelins are then which have worn typically more in the middles...

That's good mileage for £60 tyres... My use is mostly motorway so will give these a whirl I think....

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yep have to admit they have been great so far, i do mainly motorway miles now and have taken them to slovakia and back last year, even with the heavy rain in Germany on the autobahn i was happy doing 80 and the car stayed planted to the road. Noise wise they may be a little noisier than some of the top end brands but the 211 is so well insulated i have not noticed them.

Oarsman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L CDI Bluetec, Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDI, 1963 Triumph TR4
+1 for Nexen.
I have been using N6000's since Khumo prices started to rise.
The are as good, if not better than many of the "top" brands.
I got over 27000 mls from my last set by swopping front to rear every 5-6000 mls and keeping a close eye on the pressures.
This evens out the wear.
The W221 is a very heavy car, so I am more than happy with the mileage I'm getting.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Discovered one of my tyres was worthy of 3 points so checked the others and though "this is going to be expensive"
The last 2 tyres i bought were £55 each.. amount of road noise got louder as they wore.. Two years old and they are about to fail their mot due to splitting of sidewalls !
So i googled used tyres and read all about the pitfalls..
Went to this company http://www.partworn-tyres4u.co.uk/
bought 4 pirellis with 5-6mm of tread (new has 8) .
£107 for all 4 fitted and balanced !
Wow, it has transformed the ride and does not pull to the left anymore for the first time ever ! (not quite sure how that works)
I had a choice of lots of top brand sets and was able to carefully check them over..
Would i buy used again? Certainly !

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Rappey, each to their own, I have never fancied the idea of them ( you do take similar risk with a used car of course). Currently that is false economy for me, I cover 35k miles a year so mine never go old. You often don't know with them how old they are.

I have used some second hand tyres off a mate with a lotus like me, and used them without any probs as track tyres till they went off from too many heat cycles on track... You don't wear tyres out doing 3k a year.... But a few track days will lol!

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
The tyres on my quad last around 2500 miles.. the price has rocketed from £120 for a whole set to £75 each..
Have used so many different brands and seriously abused the tyres (riding off road and hard on road)
I will never ever buy any chinese tyre again.. For the quads, e marked, yet they are rarely round and never the same diameter???
for car, the sidewalls cracked ...
So would rather have a quality brand used than any chinese new rubbish..
The korean tyres are good though !

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thought i would update this thread a little. Over a year on and 26k later I've still got just under 5mm of tread left, noise wise maybe not quite as good as when they were new but still massivly better than some Conti's my Mum has on her Audi A3. I suspect i'll get another 10k out of them before i want to change (never like them getting all the way to the blocks), but will certainly be looking at these again come that time. may see if they do a none XL in my size as i think that may be the cause of the noise i'm hearing now, if not i'm not too worried.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Thought i would update this thread a little. Over a year on and 26k later I've still got just under 5mm of tread left, noise wise maybe not quite as good as when they were new but still massivly better than some Conti's my Mum has on her Audi A3. I suspect i'll get another 10k out of them before i want to change (never like them getting all the way to the blocks), but will certainly be looking at these again come that time. may see if they do a none XL in my size as i think that may be the cause of the noise i'm hearing now, if not i'm not too worried.

Yep. I've got 30000 miles on mine now including heaps of towing a van and they are still very good. Expect around another 20K at the current wear rate. Mine are getting a bit noisy too but my fault - chose a mono directional pattern with deep V which was rather silly. I'll be more careful next time.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Just had a Nexen 295/45/20 balanced and fitted for £130. The owner of the tyre bay said they're good value and it seems VW are fitting them to their stock now.

Blimey! That's a good price for 20s. Will be interesting to see how they fare in that size, especially with the weight : welly ratio of an ML55!

Last edited:
OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Update of an old thread, will be fitting a new set of Nexen's today and thought I would let everyone know how I have got on with them over the last (quite surprised actually) almost 2years. So they have lasted for a tad over 45k and the only reason their not getting 50k is I hadn't been keeping an eye on the allignment so the inner shoulders at the front have worn, the rears (I'll have this confirmed later the exact depth) they have worn very evenly and even with my driving style they are only just at the blocks which in my mind is excellent.

Grip and economy, well they have performed floorlessly, in the wet they have been very sure footed I can't think of a time when I actually aquaplaned until the last few weeks when it was partially my fault I didn't slow down enough to go through a (what I would say was a river) stream across the A46 and felt it got light for a split second. On the economy side again very impressed, long runs get me over 50mpg and in and around town they are quiet and still return me 40mpg depending on traffic and everything.

So I guess if anyone is thinking of replacing their tyres they are certainly worth a look and at the price you could (and I have) do a lot worse.

nokia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde
Nice one V6Matty. I went for my current set of Nexens after your recommendation and glad I did. I have done over 20k on them now and still have quite a few mm left. In fact I have just received some 225/40/18 Nexen N8000 for the Honda which will be fitted tomorrow. Got them from camskill. Fantastic service and price - around £108 for 2 delivered.

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2nd update of the day for this, the rears were a little worn on the inner shoulders but chatting to the chap there he said I would probably have had another 5-8k out of them if I'd done the allignment regularly, oh well win some loose some. Tread death was 3mm average so not that bad.

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Had a pair of the n'fera on mine ( front) for the last year, no complaints at all probs 20k, got a pair to go on the rear ( avons with 35k, 6k more than michelins!) even cheaper this year from tyre leader than last year, great tyres for the price (£47 each!)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom