No signal - Bluetooth connection

Razputin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 350 CDI AMG Sport Plus
So I've changed phone recently, to a new android phone and have a problem with the bluetooth connection. The phone pairs fine, but the car shows it as having no signal, even though it does. Anyone ever seen this before? Worked entirely fine with my last phone.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
what did you pair and which features does the car have

could it be you paired the music not the phone side of things?

OP
R

Razputin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's the NAV NTG 4.5.

I did have a Pixel 2 XL which had no problems at all. Just got myself an Umidigi F2 which is just out. Fairly high spec phone just a cheaper chinese brand. Since my post, I have reset the stereo settings and then paired the phone again. It now strangely shows the network connection for about 10 seconds then reverts to 'NO CONNECTION'. Noticed before doing this that there were times the phone had no signal but the car showed a signal, then as soon as the signal picked up again on the phone the stereo went back to no connection. Very odd. All bluetooth settings are checked - Calls, Audio, etc. I can't work it out... :(

Even when it says there is no signal, I can still makes calls too.

I've also tried toggling on and off some of the bluetooth settings under the developer tools on the phone. Its stock android 10.

Last edited:
OP
R

Razputin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My new phone can take 2 sim cards and just read on another forum that moving the sim to the other tray solved their problem with a different android phone and a Ford. Will give it a go as I've tried everything...

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
My new phone can take 2 sim cards and just read on another forum that moving the sim to the other tray solved their problem with a different android phone and a Ford. Will give it a go as I've tried everything...

sounds like its worth a try.... also any patches / updates?

there's a lot of driver updates on android phones re security bugs. Not all phone brands use chips from the more reputable suppliers that do offer timely fixes. Samsung push hard for suppliers to do their job and then offer the updates but mediatek chips are terrible at fixing massive security bugs. A later driver (baseband update) might help

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Have you tried pairing it with another car, or even something else like headphones? That would start to narrow down the problem.
I tend to agree with Botus cheap Chinese chips.

OP
R

Razputin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So, put my sim in the other tray - my phone has 3 trays, 2 sims and an SD card slot. Reset the car stereo and paired it up again. Now works flawlessly. Actually read it on a few more forums, for different branded phones and cars. No idea why it works, but I'm happy

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom