Panoramic sun roof

Benny Ellsmore

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 C class 2015 c250
Hi all new here

I have a 2015 c class the sun roof motor is grinding/clicking I have had the motor off with great difficulty and when away from the sunroof it runs perfect and the gears don’t look bad I can manually open it with Allen key and when it gets past the tilt the motor pulls it back I took of the glass and I can’t see no broken bits the plastic catches I have seen people say break are both okay the only thing I noticed when glass was off is passenger side seemed a little slower than the other side and when it gets to tilt position drivers side goes down smooth and passenger side start to grind and struggle takes a few attempts also the shade doesn’t seem to move at all and no nose coming from that motor My guess is it must have a bad passenger side cable anyone know how and if possible to change a cable on them thank you

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome - hopefully someone will have experience on this

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Welcome. Benny. :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom