Recall on GL, R, ML brake booster

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
yes you need a neck like a giraffe, arms like a snake and need to be double jointed at least
Not really. Just a different car. I looked under hood of lk, s motor recently. Learnt so mat. Don't go there ti's similar to ml they can't even put eng in right way around!

kiwiinabd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R350 CDI / 2012 / 3.0
My R Class was inspected yesterday.

Plenty of Corrosion imprinted onto the band.

Came back this morning and did the Brake Servo test which passed.

When I asked him where the piece of paper was confirming the results and saying it needed replacing / re-inspecting in the next two years he had no clue. He then had to re-read the instructions and eventually found it but had no printer so said he would email it to us !!!!

Mercedes dealer in Aberdeen is an Arnold Clark dealership and are horrible to deal with. Not sure why Mercedes trust them with a Premier brand.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-01 143220.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-01 143220.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 8

GARETHW

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s350 2003
Not a regular here but thought I'd add to the fun....
My '06 ML (350 Petrol, 65k miles fsh..go on make me an offer...) was inspected last Friday following receipt of the letter. Failed..... apparently it was significantly corroded. Got recovered to Northampton. Chased up for a courtesy car which arrived the following day (GLB).
So I just phoned up to get an update. Got a real p in the a in the service department....
"Yes we've got the car but no we haven't looked at it yet, what do you want me to tell you?"
"Umm well any ETA for the work?"
"No. We haven't heard anything from Mercedes at all and we are thing think August/September before we'll get any parts (!)"

What is it with Northampton Mercedes? It's been 10 years and several Mercs (2xML, GLE, CLS, S, SLC) and I can number the positive customer experiences I've had with them on one hand - no exaggeration.

Anyway I'm now expecting a call from Europcar telling me they want to put me in one of their (Inevitably fairly knackered) loaners, which is what usually happens when the car goes off the road for more than a week - I know from bitter experience.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Not a regular here but thought I'd add to the fun....
My '06 ML (350 Petrol, 65k miles fsh..go on make me an offer...) was inspected last Friday following receipt of the letter. Failed..... apparently it was significantly corroded. Got recovered to Northampton. Chased up for a courtesy car which arrived the following day (GLB).
So I just phoned up to get an update. Got a real p in the a in the service department....
"Yes we've got the car but no we haven't looked at it yet, what do you want me to tell you?"
"Umm well any ETA for the work?"
"No. We haven't heard anything from Mercedes at all and we are thing think August/September before we'll get any parts (!)"

What is it with Northampton Mercedes? It's been 10 years and several Mercs (2xML, GLE, CLS, S, SLC) and I can number the positive customer experiences I've had with them on one hand - no exaggeration.

Anyway I'm now expecting a call from Europcar telling me they want to put me in one of their (Inevitably fairly knackered) loaners, which is what usually happens when the car goes off the road for more than a week - I know from bitter experience.
They’re crap, usually! Ask them if it can be transferred to Bedford who are significantly more on the ball.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic

When I asked him where the piece of paper was confirming the results and saying it needed replacing / re-inspecting in the next two years he had no clue. He then had to re-read the instructions and eventually found it but had no printer so said he would email it to us !!!!

Mercedes dealer in Aberdeen is an Arnold Clark dealership and are horrible to deal with. Not sure why Mercedes trust them with a Premier brand.
To be honest that band looks shocking. worn, pitted etc, to pass that is insane, any of us on here would probably change it being OCD.
Wonder if the 2 year gap is so MB can make an updated part which it will then mandatory replace

kiwiinabd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R350 CDI / 2012 / 3.0
To be honest that band looks shocking. worn, pitted etc, to pass that is insane, any of us on here would probably change it being OCD.
Wonder if the 2 year gap is so MB can make an updated part which it will then mandatory replace

Yes I was a bit surprised it passed.

I will be writing to MB to complain and ask them to replace it asap.

To some extent the brake service test is a waste of time as it only shows its OK at the time that the test is done, tomorrow the corrosion may cause a pin hole leak !

Tomorrow I am going to see if I can get my boroscope under it and see what the actual corrosion looks likes as clearly the band is just an impression. Just because they have removed the band the corrosion cell is still going to carry on getting worse !

Never got the MB Letter telling me that it needs inspecting again within 2 years, however they did email me the brake test data which might come in useful in a years or two time when they repeat the test.

Mercedes Benz Aberdeen (Arnold Clark) cannot even follow MBUK instructions shows how incompetent they are !

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The problem with bands like yours, is that once they are taken off the seal is worse when its put back due to the condition.

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol

Heard recently that AC had lost some of their franchises. Rumour hath it that Eastern-Western has taken over Toyota in Stirling. Having said that, I always found MB Grangemouth (also AC) good for service but not sales.

Ernie

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The problem with bands like yours, is that once they are taken off the seal is worse when its put back due to the condition.
They don’t refit it.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is another thread on this topic

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

Paddymph

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 320 - 2000.
So my car PASSED the check today, 20 miles ago - and now I have a spongy pedal and a red warning light telling me brake fluid error. not impressed, how could it be loosing fluid now?! 7FCD0661-C1D7-4BB4-BE95-901E1434558F.jpeg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
So my car PASSED the check today, 20 miles ago - and now I have a spongy pedal and a red warning light telling me brake fluid error. not impressed, how could it be loosing fluid now?! View attachment 77371
I’d be straight on the phone to them, I’d also not drive it!

Paddymph

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 320 - 2000.
I’d be straight on the phone to them, I’d also not drive it!
6pm. Closed ‍♂️ I can see them charging me to view it, and then denying any involvement.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
So my car PASSED the check today, 20 miles ago - and now I have a spongy pedal and a red warning light telling me brake fluid error. not impressed, how could it be loosing fluid now?! View attachment 77371
Did yours just have the visual check or the functional check as well?

Top Bottom