reconnecting boot

Dannyboy007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate 2015 c200
Hi all
First-timer here. Basically, my boot had stopped opening fully, but closed fine, (on an automatic open/closing system) so to diagnose the problem I wanted to know if the struts had failed. So logically I thought I could disconnect the automatic arm to the boot (simple clip-on) and see if the struts would hold the boot in place - great simple fix I thought. However, now the automatic arm will not stick out so I can clip the boot\connection back onto the arm. I thought that pressing the open and close button would make the arm push out but now it stays tucked away. I know the arm is not broken as it tries to come out but there must be a sensor that kicks in and then makes it think there is an error so it goes back. I feel this may be a simple fix (or I hope so lol!) like a reset or release switch. Any help would be appreciated.

The car is a C-CLASS IV ESTATE (S205) PHASE 1 - 5D 2014-06->2018-12

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

I‘d try and open the boot electronically whilst also lifting the boot. Thinking there’s a sensor that’s not getting triggered

OP
D

Dannyboy007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate 2015 c200
Hello and welcome

I‘d try and open the boot electronically whilst also lifting the boot. Thinking there’s a sensor that’s not getting triggered
I tried that no luck sadly

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom