Sat nav disc for my SL500

sl500 mwb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 - E220 Touring
Hi guys,

I'm new here, but I would like an answer for my question. I'll introduce myself later, but right now I'm after an answer.

I have just bought a lovely SL500 for myself. Amazing to think that it is over £90,000 new for the version I have bought!

But it is a 2003 car, and it also comes with the 2003 sat nav disc. I would want to update this, as I have found, in just one week, four roads that aren't mapped out. Also, the sat nav looks really outdated.

I've looked online, and have concluded I'm not going to spend £150 on a brand new disc. So I have resorted to looking on eBay for some good deals.

However, I have no idea which versions work with my car. I'm aware it has the old 4:3 screen, so I need something compatible.

I am looking for a 2010-ish disc, with Europe or just the UK. Is there such a disc? I'm looking for one under £50 preferably.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The disc you need will be as marked and a DX disc, the 2010 is a good year for the disc and plenty on Ebay but make sure genuine

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Does your car use the APS disc, 2003 could be a change of year for the comand, is your car the wide screen version.

that disc in the link will not work

OP
S

sl500 mwb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 - E220 Touring
My car has the 4:3 screen. I think the change happened during 2004.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That is what I thought, so you can only use a DX disc, there were things on the 2010 disc like TMC that was not on the 2011 disc

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
Hi guys,

I'm new here, but I would like an answer for my question. I'll introduce myself later, but right now I'm after an answer.

I have just bought a lovely SL500 for myself. Amazing to think that it is over £90,000 new for the version I have bought!

But it is a 2003 car, and it also comes with the 2003 sat nav disc. I would want to update this, as I have found, in just one week, four roads that aren't mapped out. Also, the sat nav looks really outdated.

I've looked online, and have concluded I'm not going to spend £150 on a brand new disc. So I have resorted to looking on eBay for some good deals.

However, I have no idea which versions work with my car. I'm aware it has the old 4:3 screen, so I need something compatible.

I am looking for a 2010-ish disc, with Europe or just the UK. Is there such a disc? I'm looking for one under £50 preferably.

The latest DX disk for the car is the 2013/14 and costs £124.99 inc VAT and delivery. Mercedes offer a branded version which has TMC aswell. This is £150.

Matt45

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230
£124 is not far offa tank full of petrol for the SL500. I'd buy from someone who can do the appropriate firmware upgrades that a new disk may need. At least you'll have some come back if you have a probalem.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I would suggest biting the bullet and asking the lads at Comand Online for the appropriate disk. They will also be able to supply you with a firmware update disk for a reasonable fee.

If you insist on going for a hooky copy then be aware that not all will read on your system, even if they contain the correct data, due to a lack of disk reflectivity.

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
£124 is not far offa tank full of petrol for the SL500. I'd buy from someone who can do the appropriate firmware upgrades that a new disk may need. At least you'll have some come back if you have a probalem.

The DX system doesnt need a firmware update. All the S/W you need is contained on the map disk itself.

OP
S

sl500 mwb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 - E220 Touring

- But think about how much more a tank of petrol does than a talking dashboard. Also, I am upset everytime I have to pay for a tank- I feel like I have had my blood sucked out of me. In actual fact, its the wallet that is getting squeezed.

I wouldn't be prepared to pay the full £125 for a disc. That sort of price is absurd, especially since I won't use the car too much and I definitely won't be using the Sat Nav in that very much. I've got apps on my phone and a stupid Garmin thing, so if it came to that for emergency use (ie. escaping Glasgow), I'll be fine.

This is my second car. I have got an E220 which rides better, has quieter road noise, got more kit, gets twice as many miles on a tank, has 5 seats and a lot more boot space. It's just that a tiny little 2.2 4 cylinder lacks in POWER (big time) - and as

It's just that the system looks old and rather disorganised. I'm not looking for a new one, I'd be looking for a 2010/09/08 disc (official Mercedes). Could you find a link, because I have been having difficulty find anything suitable.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom