Transmission Error Code RPM Sensor 3

Retlas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clc 180 kompressor petrol automatic
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what the issue is with my transmission. For the last year I have been experiencing a little jolt now and then in the gear shifts and not being able to change to sports mode whilst this would happen and the car would Rev higher than normal, normally this would go away once I turned the engine off and back on again. But yesterday it got really jolty and abrupt and now even if I am in park when I pull my gear stick down to reverse it’s a real big jolt backwards and a big jolt forward when it is in drive and I can only drive in 1st gear it won’t shift! Had RAC out today to plug into a computer and there was a error code RPM Sensor 3 ??? Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Thanks

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

How many miles and when did it last have the ATF changed?

OP
R

Retlas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome

How many miles and when did it last have the ATF changed?
Hi, the car has just passed 93,000 miles and looking through the service history and documents I got when I purchased the car 2 years ago I cannot see anything about the ATF being changed

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
ATF should be changed every ~37k on 7g box

OP
R

Retlas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ATF should be changed every ~37k on 7g box
I think I forgot to say model of my car. It is a 2008 clc 180 kompressor it’s not 7g box. Does it still need to be change at the same mileage?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think I forgot to say model of my car. It is a 2008 clc 180 kompressor it’s not 7g box. Does it still need to be change at the same mileage?
5G box is same, or should be...

OP
R

Retlas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Don’t, in my experience a fluid change will not fix an electrical fault, so you will be paying for some of the work twice. More likely to be the conductor board.

OP
R

Retlas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don’t, in my experience a fluid change will not fix an electrical fault, so you will be paying for some of the work twice. More likely to be the conductor board.
Just the conductor board? No need to change anything else?

OP
R

Retlas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And also the gearbox filter.
I got a quote for transmission service it includes: new ATF, remove and refit sump pan and replace transmission filter. Think that will fix the issue?

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Just the conductor board? No need to change anything else?
Get a proper diagnosis, if it’s a board, the oil and filter have to be removed to do it so not doubling up on that cost.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom