Trouble Code: Catalyst Temperature Sensor Range/Performance (Bank 1)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Thanks I'm reluctant to going to the garage they charged me 200 quid just to change the pressure sensor. My cousins a mechanic so I think we're going to have a go ourselves at changing to sensor. His work has the ramps etc. All else fails I will have to take it to the garage. Reading up on them they don't seem to bad to change. Unplug from the connector unscrew from the cat and replace. Donyou recommend any good parts stores?

Until you have a firm diagnosis you are still guessing, this may cost you more money in the long run.

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hi guys I'd thought I'd bite the bullet and called my indy today. Just clear something up mr theonefortheroad was right its only has 1 o2 sensor. Anyhow the dreaded but expected eml came on this morning. I'm booked in next Tuesday for which sounds like a new catalyst temp sensor. Apparently there's 2 of them upstream and down stream. I said I needed the car etc and asked about regens he said people get to hung on regeneration he said your car might only Do it once every 2 to 3 weeks so he doesnt think there's a issue.....

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom