Very Very Frustrated - Audio 20 is Dumb - is there nothing i can do?!!

motormusic1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 C180K Blueefficiency Estate
So i have a 2009 W204 Estate with what i'm told is a base model Audio 20 Unit, no Navi, only 4 buttons on the steering wheel and a Aux in the glovebox.

Comand tells me there's nothing that can be done unless i spend around £2000+ converting it to a command system.

I look at the screen and the controls, then at my iphone and feel so frustrated that in this day & age, only certain people in europe are putting questionably fake vids on youtube showing multimedia systems integrating with the same plain W204 display.

What's the point in fitting a colour screen to a car when it's only going to be used for the radio/single cd?

Has anyone either simply swapped out this plain Audio 20 piece of **** with an updated system, or used a device to interface with it?

I'm so frustrated at the lack of options that i'm considering ditching the car altogether and buying one with everything fitted!

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
So i have a 2009 W204 Estate with what i'm told is a base model Audio 20 Unit, no Navi, only 4 buttons on the steering wheel and a Aux in the glovebox.

Comand tells me there's nothing that can be done unless i spend around £2000+ converting it to a command system.

I look at the screen and the controls, then at my iphone and feel so frustrated that in this day & age, only certain people in europe are putting questionably fake vids on youtube showing multimedia systems integrating with the same plain W204 display.

What's the point in fitting a colour screen to a car when it's only going to be used for the radio/single cd?

Has anyone either simply swapped out this plain Audio 20 piece of **** with an updated system, or used a device to interface with it?

I'm so frustrated at the lack of options that i'm considering ditching the car altogether and buying one with everything fitted!

Fitting Comand to the car is not £2000. Its about £1400.

If you fit the Audio-20 that has the integrated six disk changer then you could add the media interface. These units look near identical to yours and perhaps this is what you have seen on Youtube.

OP
M

motormusic1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 C180K Blueefficiency Estate
Any other options?

No I don't have the thing under the centre console I've already looked

Top Bottom