Vibration felt from engine through to interior

OP
Cobra44

Cobra44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E200 D SE (2017)
vibrations are nearly impossible to find.
i had a bad vibration on my 1998 w210 and i nearly cured it with a new shift bushing for 3 quid but now thats gone quiet another vibration is coming through so i changed the centre prop bearing and that eliminated more noise but still vibrates at 1400rpm until hot and then vibration is less but still there.

Yes, I find the vibration is always worse from cold and less so once the engine is up to normal temp. Trouble is you can hear it when sat in the car but stand over the engine and listen and it's barely audible. Really annoying!

Last edited:

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
My old w124 300D had a period during warming up when it vibrated a touch more than it would fully cold or hot, temp gauge would be around just under half warm when this occurred. I would be stationary in morning traffic most times so it was noticeable.

It wasn't annoying but you knew the engine was near half warm, it did it more on diesel than the usual biodiesel I run it on.

The cause, well it had a couple of injectors that were not as healthy as the rest that even on a warm engine a harder pulse could be felt through the pipes so I reckon spray pattern was off a bit and at mid temp it just reflected it by wobbling about a bit more.

Quite bizarre and on any other car annoying but on a w124 diesel all part of the charm.

My w210 e300td has had new gearbox and engine mounts recently as the car shook when engine turned off and steering wheel wobbled and vibrated in traffic, forward- reverse hding on brakes saw the drivers side lift very high so that was the worst one.
Now I changed them for Gsf parts as its an 18year old car and no point in paying double when its only got a few years left, so major shakes stopped but a slight vibe now and then here and there like glovebox contents rattle or mobile phone which sits in ashtray likes to make some noise now and then.
Obviously if I had gone top dollar on parts there would be silence so it will depend on mounts fitted and although I chose the cheaper of the selection from Gsf do mind that ' parts may be substituted for similar items' in the small print . So order top item and use discount code and you may be sent different brand and fit them without noticing.

OP
Cobra44

Cobra44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E200 D SE (2017)
Finally, following new engine and gearbox mounts a while back and trying numerous other things to stop the terrible vibrations decided to try another pair of engine mounts. Genuine MB, more expensive, but hey presto! The silence is deafening now!

Thanks to everyone who contributed here. ******************

Last edited:

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Glad you got it sorted Cobra.

Television, do you need me to throw you a life ring?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom