1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W126 wiring nightmare!!!

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by gomes, Jan 27, 2010.

1. gomes

gomes New Member

Your Mercedes:
    w126 500sec
    Hi, I just bought a 1983 500sec, the car looks great but has a major wiring mess: Non functioning options, badly rewiring, missing fuses and so on. So before any mechanical repairs I plan to completely rewire it. The question would be does anyone know an online vendor and part numbers for my ride's harnesses? Do all w126 carry the same main harness? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    In general yes,,it would pay you to bey a complete car and transfer the wiring

3. Bolide

Bolide Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    BMW 525 Diesel Touring
    It'd be much simpler to buy a different car than to completely rewire an existing one. Why not just fix the bodges?

All these cars will have slight differences according to the year / options fitted / model

Nick Froome
    www.w124.co.uk

4. Alex Crow

Alex Crow Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
    i am with nick, this is just not practical. as malcolm says, it can be done with s/h parts, but for new ones you will be into a couple of grand! i know you can get complete new looms for minis etc, but this car has rather a lot of wires and different wiring options - fix the bodges.

5. OP
    gomes

gomes New Member

Your Mercedes:
    w126 500sec
    Thanks to all, fix the bodges it'll be.