W209 Parking Brake Adjustment and Pedal Return Issue

iainjo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2007/2.2
I've browsed various forums and threads and haven't been able to solve this.

First of all is the adjustment. At the last MOT I believe the parking brake was flagged as having no effect and I presume the garage adjusted it. After that it felt like the brakes were binding a little, perhaps it was over-tightened?

This is the before picture, it has been cleaned out and fully lubricated since. Any advice on best adjusting it would be appreciated unless it's a trial and error exercise.

As far as the pedal return, I have lubricated those areas that look to be relevant.
This is the fully depressed pedal position.

With the brake released the pedal only returns about half way. On a positive note looking at the adjuster, this cable has returned as far as it will go, so the brake should be off.
I did wonder at one point if the white plastic piece was broken/detached but from what I can see that's how it should be (?).

This is the lifted position using my foot to bring it that bit further. As mentioned this makes no difference to the position of the brake cables. I have had a microfibre cloth holding it up as I thought it might be having an effect which it isn't. It would be nice if I could get it to return fully. Any suggestions that might help? Note: I have tried tightening and slackening off the adjuster and it has helped the return but only slightly. Of course now I'm not sure if the brake is being applied or not as I lost count of turns in that process :oops:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom