1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W212 Power Steering Faliure

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering & Brakes' started by Dougald, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Dougald

Dougald New Member

Anybody else had problems? The power steering on my W212 200CDi failed twice in a month (at 9 months old ). The second time the pump failed without warning whilst I was on a winding road and nearly sent me straight on into a rock face.....
    This is my first Mercedes - I bought it because I wanted reliability, so far I have had a suspension arm replaced and lots of rattles and 2 dangerous major faliures. This is not what I was expecting.

2. Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    C220CDI AMG Line Premium, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
    Have you really? I have not heard of anything but to be honest not being in the dealer anymore I dont always hear/see of the common issues quickly.

Keep us all updated with fixes, it helps us indies and other forum members alike!

3. Cole@MBS

Cole@MBS Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    124 300 CE 24 Coupe, 209 240 CLK
    I agree with Steve! i am in my old dealers every day, and thats the first i have ever heard about!!!

4. OP
    Dougald

Dougald New Member

Power Steering Faliure Resolved

MB were very apologetic over the (double) faliure and replaced the whole power steering pump - Which took the Dealer a while to get hold of (as the item was on ''stop'' and they had to ring MB technical to get one released), which may suggest there are other faliures out there. In the end they gave me a set of MB roof bars by way of an apology (worth around £200). I can't really ask for more in the way of customer service.
    Whilst the faliures were frightening they did take the issue very seriously and did all they could reasonably do:)........