W212 Power Steering Faliure

Dougald

Reaction score
Anybody else had problems? The power steering on my W212 200CDi failed twice in a month (at 9 months old ). The second time the pump failed without warning whilst I was on a winding road and nearly sent me straight on into a rock face.....
This is my first Mercedes - I bought it because I wanted reliability, so far I have had a suspension arm replaced and lots of rattles and 2 dangerous major faliures. This is not what I was expecting.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Have you really? I have not heard of anything but to be honest not being in the dealer anymore I dont always hear/see of the common issues quickly.

Keep us all updated with fixes, it helps us indies and other forum members alike!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I agree with Steve! i am in my old dealers every day, and thats the first i have ever heard about!!!

OP
D

Dougald

Reaction score
Power Steering Faliure Resolved

MB were very apologetic over the (double) faliure and replaced the whole power steering pump - Which took the Dealer a while to get hold of (as the item was on ''stop'' and they had to ring MB technical to get one released), which may suggest there are other faliures out there. In the end they gave me a set of MB roof bars by way of an apology (worth around £200). I can't really ask for more in the way of customer service.
Whilst the faliures were frightening they did take the issue very seriously and did all they could reasonably do:)........

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom