w212

1. R

Questions before buying V8 and choosing model - W212 / C218

Hello, I am currently driving a 100 horsepower diesel of another brand and I want to feel a little alive, time passes, life goes on, I will soon turn 30 and I want a little more emotion and pleasure from my car. I have driven several different Mercedes models (190, 124, ML, CLS, CL, R, E, S) I...
  2. C

Vehicle *WANTED* W212 E350 PETROL Estate

Hi Guys, Sadly my 216k W211 wagon became uneconomical to repair last week. I'm looking to replace her with a W212 wagon, same engine. Ideally an Avantgarde would consider a sport, circa 100k miles would be perfect. If anyone has or knows of one please drop me a message...
  3. Arnison XXVI

OM651 Timing Chain?

Hi people new to the forum, let me know if I've posted on the wrong place, I'm 21 and just bought a W212 E250 CDI, I remember I was 10 and my dad bought one out the showroom and I lusted after one since that day. I read before buying about the timing chains, but can't find any answers as to how...
  4. N

W212 Facelift E250 CGI reliability

I am looking at a beautiful example of a 2014 E250 CGI with 72k miles on it all the optional extras I could ever want and a beautiful spec as well. I am coming from a 2.0TDI Passat and fell in love with the E-Class once I drove a 2010 E350 CDI but decided to go for a petrol instead. My question...
  5. P

Intermittent start/stop issue

Hello, looking for some technical advice. I've a 2015 E250 Diesel and I began to have a "aux battery malfunction" show up, so I replaced it with a new battery the shop recommended (not a genuine MB type but same spec). Now all the options work ie. Hold brake, parking available indicator...
  6. T

W212 E220 Won’t unlock / no ignition

Hi guys, I recently encountered an issue with my e class. Went to unlock the car yesterday morning and it wouldn’t open from the fob (New battery in key and key seems to be working). Unlocked the car with the insert key and seems to have immobilised so alarm going off and no power to ignition...
  7. C

W212 E250 Petrol Auto Transmission Downshift Clunk

Hi all, I'm having an intermittent issue with my W212 E250, 60k mileage 2013, petrol auto. When motorway driving - if I put my foot down the transmission would downshift from gear 7 to say gear 5.... now just before gear 5 engages sometimes the transmission would clunk and cause the car to...
  8. Peloqu1n

Wireless rear camera

Hi all Just looking for some advice, has anyone installed a wireless camera setup as per the attached screenshot. I have a 63 plate w212 e300 hybrid Any hints,tips, advice is greatly appreciated Regards Peter
  9. Tym

W212 Parktronic failure

Hi peeps. Newbie here so go gentle on me! Used to have a 1991 E230 years ago, and now I've just replaced my old Saab 9-3 TTiD (which had 213k on the clock) with an 61 plate E220 CDI. Lovely car, and nice to be back behind the three point star again. However... whilst everything has been...
  10. L

W212 E350 BlueEfficiency 265 remap GAD Tuning LTD.

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/ Off to @GAD Tuning LTD on the 12th for a remap. Driving 4 hours each way from Barnsley because I’ve been told by multiple sources that they’re the best there is when it comes to Mercedes tuning. Nobody comes close to matching their figures. Can not wait to go and...
  11. Altamar

Replacing rear light unit

Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a suitable thread. I have damaged a rear light unit on my 2014 facelifted E class W212. If I manage to find a used one in a scrap yard (or splash out for a new one) are they just plug and play or do they need to be programmed in in any...
  12. S

w212 s212 Rear Air Suspension. A WARNING!!

Having recently had a slow leak necessitating the replacement of a rear air spring on my car (and finding it an incredibly easy job, it's described elsewhere but with two people you don't even need to remove the shock top mount making it a 15 minute job) I found some springs at just over £60...
  13. G

N0x sensor help!

Hi I have a e220 bluetec 2016 55000 miles..I had a faulty nox sensor this was diagnosed at my local mot garage as I was just out of warranty..Garage then ordered me a new sensor this was a Bosch sensor but after it was fitted the elm wouldn’t go off and it was bringing up a new code on the...
  14. H

ECU or Injectors? Cutting off under Acceleration W212

hey guys, got a 2013 w212 saloon E250 77k on the clock and after a week I got this problem. When it accelerates hard, the car would completely cut off. When it restarts it, the car would violently vibrate then shut off again. My mechanic said the fault code was the Injector, got 2 changed as 2...
  15. M

E-class coupe no crank issue

Hello I have a 2011 Mercedes E Class coupe The car won't crack over to start the dash lights turn on all fuses are okay interior heating doesn't turn on sometimes buttons on steering wheel don't work also the radio controls and seats gearbox used to show up on the dash screen if its in park...
  16. H

W212 GPS Antenna (Convertible)

Hello, New to this forum so apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section. A month ago my W212 cabriolet's Satnav showed my location way off. I'm in Essex and it was showing up somewhere in wales so a good 300 miles off. Doing some research it looks like the GPS antenna has gone maybe? I've...
  17. C

W212 (E250 petrol) Gearbox Jerk

Hi all, W212, 2013, 7G+, E250, petrol, 38k mileage.... Sometimes (say 3 out of 10 times) there's a slight jerk when shifting from 1>2 and 2>3, the rest of the upshifts are very smooth. Also, sometimes (say 1 out of 10 times) there's also a slight jerk when downshifting and coming to a stop. I...
  18. C

My new W212 E250 CGI error codes

Hi all, Can anybody shed some light on the following fault codes I found on my w212 e250 cgi, 2013? I used an icarsoft i980 and can’t seem to find any info online :-( P06da00 Motor electronics SIM271DE20 for combustion engine (M271E) 333530 Electronic ignition lock (N73) 363830 Left...
  19. C

Steering wheel lock w212

Hi all, New W212 owner here, E250 petrol, 2013. Probably a silly question - on all previous merc’s I’ve owned (older ones) when I put the ‘key’ inside the ignition (before turning the key) you can hear the steering wheel lock being released.... With this W212, when I put the ‘key’ inside...
  20. C

Buying a W212, any tips?!

Hi all, I currently have a 2012 W204 (AMG sport petrol CGI) which I really like but with a second child on the way I'm finding it a little on the small side so thinking about upgrading. I found a beautiful W212 for sale: E250 SE 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr 2.0L Petrol 2013 38k mileage Wondered if...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom