W220 320 CDI - Vibrating TC & LubeGard Additives...

Irresistance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W220 320CDI
Right oh!

So, today did the LubeGard treatment. New ATF (about 4.5L worth, so quite a decent amount) and 2 tubes of this.

Long story short - no noticeable improvement. Yeah the vibration is a tad less, sure, but you might as well put it down to new ATF. I suppose saying NO improvement is a bit unfair, it does seem somewhat smoother, and vibration seems a tad more subdued but... meh. Nothing close to a 'miracle cure' wanting me to sacrifice my first-born to the LubeGard CEO.

But... the story does not end here.

I had purchased a second additive which supposedly contains some super awesome patented wizardry. Being mildly frustrated that the other stuff didn't erase my problem, I decided to add 100ML of this stuff as well. Heck, why not...

Why 100ML you say? I did not want to overfill what I know to be an optimally filled transmission, and, in the event that it does something, anything, I want to have the recommended 7 fl. oz. remaining for a next application sometime in the future.

And THIS stuff DID make a difference, almost immediately! Is my vibration gone? No. But... and this is pretty neat.. .the gearbox runs much more fluid. So like you know when you are going downhill doing 5 miles per hour in first gear with neither brake nor accelerator applied... and the car feels a bit jerky... THIS has gone entirely. It's like I am constantly sliding on butter, so to speak. Very nice. Smoother riding, I suppose one could compare it to finally driving without a stuck brake pad. Like there is less resistance from the drivetrain.

So overall.. happier... still not like Mr. Super Happy Smiling All Day... but - it's better.

And I guess I am just going to have to live with this 1100-1300 RPM vibration, nothing more I want to do about it. Maybe one day when I pop into GAD tuning and get the shift points adjusted that RPM band will simply become less frequent... but until then - vibrate away!

Last edited:
Top Bottom