What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
G3 Sealing Juice update - officially quite impressed.

Throwing it down here now, and given that I didn't fully prep the bodywork, it's beading like a nun with extra beady things!!! (Although that's a very different video selection...) :eek:

Last edited:

James Debuse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e320 cdi estate w211
Took out the boot gas struts on my e320 estate for no reason whatsoever as sgs engineering didn't have the ones I needed in stock even though they SELL them. Not the same as mine unfortunately. Needed one out to give them the particular part number. Had to put them back in again as the boot weighs about ten tonnes. Nightmare job all in all. Never again. Never.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Took out the boot gas struts on my e320 estate for no reason whatsoever as sgs engineering didn't have the ones I needed in stock even though they SELL them. Not the same as mine unfortunately. Needed one out to give them the particular part number. Had to put them back in again as the boot weighs about ten tonnes. Nightmare job all in all. Never again. Never.
Propping the boot lid open with a lump of wood makes the job a lot easier. I found a broom handle between the tailgate and bumper is almost ideal.

James Debuse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e320 cdi estate w211
Propping the boot lid open with a lump of wood makes the job a lot easier. I found a broom handle between the tailgate and bumper is almost ideal.
I did use a piece of wood. Amazed it took the strain. Have you carried out this joyous task?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
how much were you over , I done the awareness course on 23 December to avoid the points. But I was only 35 in a 30.
cruise on at 84 on the M62 motorway , I braked down to 77 so I guess its touch and go wether I got zapped or not pal , my license would have been clean in June too which is a bit of a bugger , just have to see if anything lands on my door mat in the next few days

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
cruise on at 84 on the M62 motorway , I braked down to 77 so I guess its touch and go wether I got zapped or not pal , my license would have been clean in June too which is a bit of a bugger , just have to see if anything lands on my door mat in the next few days
Touch and go- your cruise and speedo are probably over reading and you were more like 82/81 so with a braking you might be ok - depends which part of the 62..

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Touch and go- your cruise and speedo are probably over reading and you were more like 82/81 so with a braking you might be ok - depends which part of the 62..
yes John , a good number of forces allow 3mph + 10% so fingers crossed this was one of them , it was around the Ferrybridge area , few miles from the A1 intersection

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
yes John , a good number of forces allow 3mph + 10% so fingers crossed this was one of them , it was around the Ferrybridge area , few miles from the A1 intersection
I know it well, when the variables are off folks get a bit giddy which is why I think they sighted that camera there...:mad:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
got done for speeding in the 221 . . . . . . I think :rolleyes:

Get into the habit of using your cruise control in all speed limited roads where possible like I do, saves a lot of grief !!

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Get into the habit of using your cruise control in all speed limited roads where possible like I do, saves a lot of grief !!
I use it alot on planned long journeys pal ( like the 600 odd miles between xmas & NY ) this was just heading to the golf course , running a bit behind and set it a bit higher than usual

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
I use it alot on planned long journeys pal ( like the 600 odd miles between xmas & NY ) this was just heading to the golf course , running a bit behind and set it a bit higher than usual
Ouch. :oops:
Lets hope you get away with it.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Silicon Oil spray £1.99 in Lidle.
Same for graphite oil if you have a use for it.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I use TomTom Speed Camera app on my phone whenever I am driving on unfamiliar roads.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom