What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
56AAAB8F-3584-417A-964A-EC6AD380643E.jpeg
Day one of hood work - (actually a few days ago I went over it with Milton fluid solution and a scrub brush) Today misted it with weak Milton solution, then Renovo hood shampoo brushed on, then agitated with a bristle brush then rinsed off using the VAX as it sucks out the dirty water.

Step 2 Renovo recolour.
Step 3 Renovo ultraproofer

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Well, I took a chance :shock:

49712282568_220fda0bb1_o.jpg

49712282598_f49ce5b562_o.jpg

Yes, I know - the car needs a proper clean ... I was going to let MB do it, but the service was cancelled:(
I guess, I'll have to get the hoover thingy out :rolleyes:

At least the charger is working perfectly:p

Quick question concerning these chargers.... due to the lockdown, seems like it may be quite some time before I can give it a decent drive again, SO what is the procedure here??? to keep the battery healthy, you hook it up to a charger, and leave it connected.,, for how long? Until it registers "100%" fully charged, and the needle on the charger drops to Zero? Then disconnect, Or, is there a special charger to be used , which remains connected for the duration ? I have heard some horror stories about Mercs where the battery went completely flat, and subsequently developed electrical "gremlins" afterward's.... but as its my first Merc, I'm still in the dark about certain things....especially electrical things..........:shock:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Quick question concerning these chargers.... due to the lockdown, seems like it may be quite some time before I can give it a decent drive again, SO what is the procedure here??? to keep the battery healthy, you hook it up to a charger, and leave it connected.,, for how long? Until it registers "100%" fully charged, and the needle on the charger drops to Zero? Then disconnect, Or, is there a special charger to be used , which remains connected for the duration ? I have heard some horror stories about Mercs where the battery went completely flat, and subsequently developed electrical "gremlins" afterward's.... but as its my first Merc, I'm still in the dark about certain things....especially electrical things..........:shock:
I leave my Optimate/CTEK connected all the time to my Land Rover and bikes. Keeps the batteries in great condition.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As above: this one (Maypole 7423), just like the more sophisticated (and expensive) CTEK, designed to be left plugged in for long periods - it goes through different stages and keeps the battery in tip-top condition.
Here's the guide I downloaded from the manufacturer website:

Attachments

• Maypole Battery Charger MP7423 Guide.pdf
    472.1 KB · Views: 2

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Re washed both cars as I managed to cover them in black soot when I had a small chimney fire at the top of the log burner yesterday .
Managed to avoid any water damage and put it out with a fine spray from the hose pipe . The blockage was just at the start of the flue . Not sure if it was nest material , dead bird or a section of flue liner which I think is 17 year old .
All in all I count myself very lucky

Could have been a lot worse 'Buddy' the obstruction could have fallen down onto the cake you were baking and put soot over the top.........(reason for having a fire going in 'Sunny Essex' at the beginning of British Summer time) ...................See what I did there for you Wighty :D

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Wanted to go for a little drive round this morning but, like most of the population, I'm currently grounded.

Best I could manage was a walk round it, give it a quick dusting off, check the tyre pressures and then go for a 2Km walk. On the treadmill. This is getting to be the most boring thing known to man, even though I have fitted a TV in front of it.

Treadmill has to be the worst form of exercise I've ever done. So boring and always reminds me of the many "Stress ECGs' that I had over the years for my job.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Could have been a lot worse 'Buddy' the obstruction could have fallen down onto the cake you were baking and put soot over the top.........(reason for having a fire going in 'Sunny Essex' at the beginning of British Summer time) ...................See what I did there for you Wighty :D
I see what you did buddy :D . It was the last bucket of wood and it was 3 degrees outside :geek:

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Re washed both cars as I managed to cover them in black soot when I had a small chimney fire at the top of the log burner yesterday .
Managed to avoid any water damage and put it out with a fine spray from the hose pipe . The blockage was just at the start of the flue . Not sure if it was nest material , dead bird or a section of flue liner which I think is 17 year old .
All in all I count myself very lucky
Keep a 2kg bag of cheap table salt handy for flue fires, when they flare up throw handfulls up the flue until extinguished, far less messy than water and more effective!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I see what you did buddy :D . It was the last bucket of wood and it was 3 degrees outside :geek:
I hope you reported them to the Police for not socially isolating :p

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lovely distraction, having soul singers outside.
Reminds me of a recipe on how to make a duck into a soul singer....

Put it into a microwave until it’s Bill Withers... :D

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Carrying on with the roof (inbetween more decorating).

Step 2 Renovo colour restorer - (cling filmed the windows and body)

639E5CD4-1BE9-40D6-A7EC-3F8A9CD9BC0C.jpeg

Step 3 Renovo Ultraproofer

1788E444-A23A-4F50-9015-8AC6B7FFA186.jpeg

It was easy to apply and has dried to a nice even finish. - almost looking to a light shower to see it beading ;)

(Ps - the white speckles are some dust that landed later, brushes off :))

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Carrying on with the roof (inbetween more decorating).

Step 2 Renovo colour restorer - (cling filmed the windows and body)

View attachment 56891

Step 3 Renovo Ultraproofer

View attachment 56892

It was easy to apply and has dried to a nice even finish. - almost looking to a light shower to see it beading ;)

(Ps - the white speckles are some dust that landed later, brushes off :))

That's after making some difference to the car !!! Soft top roofs always look well when nice a clean, but few things degrade a car so much as a dirty uncared for looking soft top. Well Done, great job.:):):)

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Treadmill has to be the worst form of exercise I've ever done. So boring and always reminds me of the many "Stress ECGs' that I had over the years for my job.

It was not for nothing that it was regarded as a punishment in Victorian era prison's.....I have plenty of personal experience with them too. I worked in Afghanistan for quite awhile, and lock downs were frequent....and no one, and I mean No One, even dreamed of nipping outside,,,for any reason!!! So a lot of time was spent in the gym, and among the various instruments of torture, was the tread mill, and it was the least of problematic for me to use....I made a cradle to fit between the handle bars on the front, and would put my laptop on it and watch movie's...lots of movies. They had another machine, like a walker..two flat pedals, with vertical bars attached to the frame...so as you moved one foot forward, one of the vertical bars moved backwards...so you were always in a state of confusion...by comparison the tread mill was straightforward...at least you were always only heading the one direction.....:D

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
If I ran out of water I was going to get you to bring your boot full of water around :oops: :D:D:D:D

o_Oo_Oo_O:p:p:p No water shortage here in SL land Wighty, I refrain from wringing out the towels for you :rolleyes:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom