What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Gave the old bitch a quick wash today then decided to spoil her with a run to the local Coop to get a couple of things - I think I was almost alone in there - shelves seemed pretty stacked.....

Upon returning to the old girl she looked quite resplendent in the sunshine and just had to take a couple of snaps as she was sitting there all alone.

And here they are - warmed my heart it did! Felt quite proud.... :D:D:D

dZ2BZvD.jpg

DdMJtE9.jpg

IxtP7JT.jpg

x6Lfp8X.jpg

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Gave the old bitch a quick wash today then decided to spoil her with a run to the local Coop to get a couple of things - I think I was almost alone in there - shelves seemed pretty stacked.....

Upon returning to the old girl she looked quite resplendent in the sunshine and just had to take a couple of snaps as she was sitting there all alone.

And here they are - warmed my heart it did! Felt quite proud.... :D:D:D

dZ2BZvD.jpg

DdMJtE9.jpg

IxtP7JT.jpg

x6Lfp8X.jpg
That looks better than mine 15 years ago.

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
That looks better than mine 15 years ago.

Thanks...... But unfortunately it's that type of colour that only looks good when freshly washed.
But yes, I was surprised when I walked back to it how good it looked. I think a lot of it has to do with the light at the time.
But compliment gratefully received!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Took the front wheels off the C217 to paint the hubs. They're not too bad yet but I know from experience that it's only a matter of time before the rust takes over on them so better now than then.

After the wheel removal I decided that it's much too cold for me outside so I've abandoned that project for now. I did give them a quick rub down but that's it for today. I've been tempted to do the hubs in a black gloss though, after a lot of deliberation, have chickened out and will do them sliver as they should be. I have the paint to hand, also everything else needed for the job so I'll wait for the weather to pick up, hopefully Sunday, and crack on with it then. I may even get the rears done at the same time but there's not really a rush at the moment I suppose, as it won't be going anywhere for the foreseeable future...

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Took the front wheels off the C217 to paint the hubs. I may even get the rears done at the same time but there's not really a rush at the moment I suppose, as it won't be going anywhere for the foreseeable future...

And the weather will only get better.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
That's on the books for tomorrow I think, weaher pending!

Been so busy with my boys and as all my car wash stuff is at my parents and they are under lockdown I have stayed away apart from doing their shopping.

Weather was ok so I gave it a rinse off, nice to see the Sonax doing what it should :cool::cool:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Just whipped out the exhaust back pressure sensor and the egr from the E class for a quick spray with carb cleaner , probably took under 30mins on a very pleasant day .
Then a quick unnecessary lockdown polish of the 3 exhaust tips :D

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Just whipped out the exhaust back pressure sensor and the egr from the E class for a quick spray with carb cleaner , probably took under 30mins on a very pleasant day .
Then a quick unnecessary lockdown polish of the 3 exhaust tips :D

What happened to the 4th???

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom