Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
My car came "unbadged" I like the plain unspoilt look it has,I'm certainly not trying to pass it off for something its not. Even if I liked badges I dont think i would be ars*d to do anything about it. Where do I come in the more opinionated of you in the "trying to look like something its not" stakes ?...........just interested.

I saw your newly acquired CLS. What a beautiful car she is. I would like to know how you added that chrome bit underneath your bumper. It sure does enhance the look of your car from behind. :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I saw your newly acquired CLS. What a beautiful car she is. I would like to know how you added that chrome bit underneath your bumper. It sure does enhance the look of your car from behind. :)

Mine has it as standard on the CL and 30, its 86cm long, it is pop riveted on but it would fix with self tapping screws with ease, 40 is the holder.

I will get underneath this week and check it all out :D

index.php

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Malcolm for that diagram. Your car came with an AMG package so I can understand why you have the chrome bit underneath your bumper. Can you put a diagram of the W219 with an AMG dual exhaust system and indicate what number corresponds to that chrome bit?

Eg: Like #40 on your diagram.

Peterwhayward's rear bumper is not an AMG bumper. It's a regular bumper. But I think the chrome bit was a personalised add-on.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is the AMG 219 and no strip, I have looked at all the 219 and no strip including the 55 and 63 it would be dead easy to add my strip
index.php

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
I've never got the whole badge thing, I'm missing a CDi badge on my E320 but never bothered to replace.

I just take them as they come to me from previous owners.

Converely, I have seconds of fun catching (usually 5 series Beemer) owners sneaking sideways looks at my wing Powered By Brabus badges, which I enjoy.

I'd never debadge an AMG - why would you - it's top of the tree, loud and proud.

Nemo20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current SL400 2016 R231 Previously owned SL500 2005 R230
Thanks sir for pinpointing this. I disagree because when you begin a sentence with a capital letter, then small letters ensue. Lexis & structure will explain the rudiments of English grammar. Have a flip through your grammar book. In British English, it's more common to use lower case in the middle of a sentence but there are exceptions where you use capital letters after observing a period or a punctuation mark.

Eg: Why? Is there a reason for this? :)

Cough cough.....excuse me for butting into this riveting thread about AMG badges. :lol:

First of all I will commit heresy by admitting that I wouldn't necessarily recognise a genuine AMG vehicle if I saw one.........:Oops: I have a good idea, but it doesn't worry me too much about who sports the AMG badge or not.

What worries me more is the use of your lower case i......:(

Mcobinad, I am relatively new here, but really hope that doesn't make my posts any less valid? There are various rules that apply to using capital letters; at the beginning of a sentence is just one of them. The use of a capital "I" is if you like, an exception to that rule. This use of a capital "I", as correctly identified by others, has been in use since the thirteenth century. The word "I" is a word not a letter in this instance, a personal pronoun, and was capitalised to easily identify it within a written document.

I hope therefore, you will graciously admit that on this occasion, you are incorrect to use "i" in its lower case form when it is a word within a sentence. You can of course choose to continue to do so, but please do not believe you are correct, or believe that the rest of us writing it as a capital are incorrect. Thanks.....:)

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
ah not sure i ever believe a brabus is a brabus tho ... AMG is much more common ;)

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is the AMG 219 and no strip, I have looked at all the 219 and no strip including the 55 and 63 it would be dead easy to add my strip

Exactly, what i meant Malcolm. Went to Mercedes dealership here and they could not trace that chrome bit underneath the bumper from the W219 diagram. It's a shame because i do see few W219s equipped with that chrome bit underneath. Do you know what it is called? Does it come separate or is it attached to the bumper bottom section (primered)?

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Too much glue won't stick and too many words won't either.

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What worries me more is the use of your lower case i......:(

Subjective views will always differ. I personally will continue to indulge in my profligate use of the lower case "i" in any situation that i deem it right. PERIOD! I feel comfortable with that and i have never been reprimanded by any qualified academician. You could have an irrefutable proof as to how the capital case "I" has been in existence since 13th century. I will not dispute your serendipitous attempt to pinpoint this fact. As far as there is life, people would always counteract views. Like my father will always say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks".

Please, can we go back to the main subject that brought us here or i will have no other solution than to contact the moderator. Please don't bother replying to this post. Thanks!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Exactly, what i meant Malcolm. Went to Mercedes dealership here and they could not trace that chrome bit underneath the bumper from the W219 diagram. It's a shame because i do see few W219s equipped with that chrome bit underneath. Do you know what it is called? Does it come separate or is it attached to the bumper bottom section (primered)?

It is in the form of a box section, I will take a photo from under the car as soon as the weather permits, it will fix under the bumper, and this must be the one that other people are using, I must admit it does make the rear end of mine look very expensive with no bling factor.

Nemo20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Please, can we go back to the main subject that brought us here or i will have no other solution than to contact the moderator. Please don't bother replying to this post. Thanks!

Woah....you've overstepped the mark. Don't tell me not to post. Don't post on a forum if you're not prepared to hear what other people say, as long as it is not rude or offensive. You could contact a moderator but I'd suggest you're wasting their time. The only reason I wouldn't bother to post further is due to the simple fact of thread creep. However if you address or quote me again, I have every right to reply and always will.

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have every right to reply and always will.

"Silence is the best answer for an obdurate person". Am done with you! Good day!!!!!

Nemo20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"Silence is the best answer for an obdurate person". Am done with you! Good day!!!!!

Why don't you stay silent then instead of quoting me back? Don't quote me and I won't need to reply. Thanks.

eihtur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180k 3door
Mcobinad...ask your esteemed colleagues what they think is correct. You may find that you have been letting yourself down for years and no one chose to advise you. But we are your friends and wish to prevent further embarrassment to you.

PS.How long do you have to be a member before you can talk freely in reply to a thread? When I reach 30 posts why don't you PM me with your posts...I'll correct them and then you can post therm...thus saving you from yourself...and even perhaps learning a little about this wonderful language. I would never usually dare to correct anyone's use of English, but your rather pompous stance regarding your abilities in this area needs to be challenged...imo.

Nemo20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
PS.How long do you have to be a member before you can talk freely in reply to a thread?

There are no such rules, and I'm happy to say this is the first time I've had anything like this. I have immensely enjoyed reading the threads here, even if most of the time it's mainly technical and beyond me. :) I have felt entirely welcome by everyone here until now and will be meeting many in person at the Jamaica meet. Welcome and keep posting.

eihtur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180k 3door
There are no such rules, and I'm happy to say this is the first time I've had anything like this. I have immensely enjoyed reading the threads here, even if most of the time it's mainly technical and beyond me. :) I have felt entirely welcome by everyone here until now and will be meeting many in person at the Jamaica meet. Welcome and keep posting.

Thanks.

My other half has been a member for years...but I've just joined. I am by no means new to some of the various ramblings...especially of the OP. He's a corporate lawyer...though I don't know how this use of English is viewed.

The OP has also got two rather beautiful twin boys which are a credit to him and his wife. The over use of the language is a pity because otherwise he seems a reasonable chap.

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is in the form of a box section

Do you have a specific name for it? These two cars have got the same AMG package. What i don't understand is that one has got the chrome bit and the other not.

CLS 500 with AMG package with no chrome bit underneath

mercedescls500012.jpg

CLS 500 with AMG package with chrome bit underneath

e25d6ebfdd_640.jpg

Hope you figure out what am talking about Malcolm.

eihtur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180k 3door
The first one does however appear to have a trim piece attached...just not in chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom