1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. markdenning

markdenning Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    58reg.eclass 280 cdi sport
    For reasons i wont bore u all with..Mrs.Denning (wifey)had my car all dayupon return home from work with her car(audi a3).i asked if she liked my car..the reply wasnt as id hoped for..no..wheres the handbrake(i showed her twice the night before where things were)..wat do u mean i sed,i cudnt get the handbrake off so i just drove off..she had my car all dayneedless to say shes now banned from my car..just hope shes done no lasting damage!!!****** women

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev555, Wighty and Jim2 like this.
  2. Gazwould

Gazwould Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S204 OM651
  3. alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti MBO Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
    Did the beeping dashboard, all lit up in bright red, not give her an idea ? :p

4. umblecumbuz

umblecumbuz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S204 and CLC 204 cdi, other non-Merc machines
    Count yourself lucky.
    It used to be the choke knob - pull it out all the way and hang the handbag on it.

Kev555, Jim2, sonic and 10 others like this.
  5. Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, fast, smooth, comfortable, what more does one need?
    What is it with women? They just don’t seem to want to listen or learn. Then they’re the first to whine about the cost of the repair :(:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Jim2 likes this.
  6. 00slk

00slk Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 SL500 2009 SLK350
    Hmmm, other way round with my Missus, she tell me how things work on the car :shock:
    Bless her.

Wighty, Jim2, Jimbo1959 and 1 other person like this.
  7. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    UnMercs BMW i8 Volvo XC90
  8. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    Years ago Emily borrowed her Mum's automatic Astra and is the tradition just used PARK when she parked it. Her boyfriend at the time, decided, unbeknown to her, that he would apply the handbrake for her. She set off home with handbrake applied .... she obvious either didn't see or ignored the red light staring at her .... and on;y stopped when she smelled burning brake linings!
    Fortunately no lasting damage :D

Jim2 likes this.
  9. DSK

DSK Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS 320 CDI
    oooh dear I feel your pain. Was any/much damage done? I hope the commute wasn't too far!

As for women in general they are a bit of liability when it comes to car know how. However, on this point, my wife has never driven any of my cars! Yet when my mums VW Vento experienced a weird oil loss issue (never used to show an oil reading on the dipstick, sounded a bit rough but kept running..) I told her to use any of my cars. She drives them all, taking a different one every day yet she knows what all the symbols on the dash mean, she knows how to check oil, coolant and fuses even though they never need doing. On one occasion the S70R, despite not needing anything suddenly used a touch of coolant. My mum mentioned it to me and kept an eye on it herself, advising me daily if there were any wet spots tracing the pipe work... When I got there on the weekend I changed the turbo coolant pipe but it was nice to know mums on it and she can nurse it if needed without any stress.

Jim2, MalcQV, 00slk and 1 other person like this.
  10. NBurns

NBurns Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220 CDI Classic SE/2005/OM646.963
    This is why I have always chosen intelligent girlfriends. One’s with a minimum of a college diploma. Then you know that they will not be the ‘dumb blonde’ type. Years ago and my son’s mother Was that type. Never ever again. She was so much hard work.

11. star

star Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    Smart + others :)
    Now your showing your age. :D

12. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    Had exactly the same as the OP in our old 203. Step daughter borrowed it to go the the shops followed by MrsLK borrowing it to go into town. Both then complained it kept beeping as they were driving and it "smelt funny". Two days later as I was driving home from work the left rear wheel suddenly locked solid right in the middle of a small village. Cue loud screeching noise and huge cloud of tyre smoke and people gawping and pointing. Called AA (was in no mood to do it myself with minimal tools) and as I'd suspected the parking brake friction material had unbounded itself from the metal shoe, no doubt as a result of excess heat. AA man removed rear shoes and I drove it home. Needless to say MrsLK and stepdaughter both received a stern talking to about using the phone to call if the car did something odd or smelt they funny whilst they were driving it.

Kev555, Jim2 and DSK like this.
  13. KennyN

KennyN Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    BMW 440i, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
    The day we picked up our daughters first car (Clio) we were driving home and I kept telling her to slow down as she was speeding , she kept saying she wasn`t and I continued to argue that she was.

She eventually said "look I am only doing 30" , at that point I looked over and explained that she was looking at the rev counter and she was sitting at around 45mph , on the other dial :rolleyes:

And she wonders why I wont let her on the insurance for the BM.

K

Wighty, 00slk, anyweb and 2 others like this.
  14. OP
    markdenning

markdenning Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    58reg.eclass 280 cdi sport
    Fortunately she didnt go far.my point is that if i drive her car i look after it and try to keep it clean(i work in a quarry).y do woman have this opinion that its just a car??shes the first one to moan if it goes wrong...

Wighty and Jimbo1959 like this.
  15. Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes e 250 coupe AMG 2009
    This boils my ****. It's something my misses would do.

Jimbo1959 likes this.
  16. Tony Dyson

Tony Dyson Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
    "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus" If you want to really understand why women don't clean, understand or maintain household cars and why Men need their caves, build and own their BBQ's, read the book, for me, in the early '90's it was like waking up from a bad dream, it was an epiphany, suddenly, I understood... :)

Dean Fletcher likes this.
  17. rorywquin

rorywquin Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2017 SL400 AMG Line
    That is the bit I don't get. They keep driving even though they feel/know something is wrong.

LostKiwi likes this.
  18. PovertySpec

PovertySpec Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E220 CDi 07/57
    Got my Mrs to phone three garages for a quote to swap out 2 track rod ends on her Clio 3

Lowest quote was more than double (+VAT) the £35 it'll cost for 2 decent TR ends with 2 yr guarantee + 2 new Toyo tyres and £10 to check I've got the tracking right.

If anyone has any tips on removing bumper dents with a hot air gun I'm all ears....

19. Naraic

Naraic Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    2005 CL500.
    When my wife heard a funny noise she couldn't explain she turned the volume up on the radio...until someone came alongside and pointed to her flat tyre!

Wighty, PovertySpec and DSK like this.
  20. DSK

DSK Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS 320 CDI
    Perhaps 1 careful lady owner cars aren't really that good lol.

Kev555, Avnt, Wighty and 1 other person like this.