SL350 Right wing mirror indicator issue

Richie Livo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 350 2006 / GLC220 2018
Good morning Guys,

Can’t find a thread with my issue! Noticed this morning that my right wing mirror indicator stays on very faint 24/7?

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? When I unlock the car obviously the indicators flash.. then when I open the door it all goes off as normal.. but when I shut the door again the light comes on very faint?

Not only will this kill my battery when I’m working away but I don’t want it to affect anything else? SRS malfunction flashed up yesterday for 10 seconds then disappeared and I haven’t seen it since..

Do I have separate issues or is a problem brewing?

Help!

Richie

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Could be both SAM related Richie, session on Star should track it down. You are right it could flatten the battery as a result

OP
Richie Livo

Richie Livo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Could be both SAM related Richie, session on Star should track it down. You are right it could flatten the battery as a result

Apologies but what is SAM? I’m hoping SRS is because I moved the passenger seat that hasn’t been moved for 5 years haha!

Wondering if there is any investigation I can do myself before spending money?

Thanks
Richie

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Apologies but what is SAM? I’m hoping SRS is because I moved the passenger seat that hasn’t been moved for 5 years haha!

Wondering if there is any investigation I can do myself before spending money?

Thanks
Richie
Signal acquisition module Richie, kind of like a ‘sender’ for electronics is one way to describe it.
These cars have quite complex electronics , which is why you will often get advice on here to have a Star diagnostic session, not a cop out but a lot of issues are almost impossible to diagnose via forum
Best advise is to find yourself a good Mercedes Independent (indie) garage , usually these are Mercedes trained mechanics with vast experience ( ex main dealer), whose overheads are significantly lower than main dealers and therefore charge much less labour cost.
They are generally also much better with the older models
Where are you based, we can likely recommend a good one for you ?

OP
Richie Livo

Richie Livo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Signal acquisition module Richie, kind of like a ‘sender’ for electronics is one way to describe it.
These cars have quite complex electronics , which is why you will often get advice on here to have a Star diagnostic session, not a cop out but a lot of issues are almost impossible to diagnose via forum
Best advise is to find yourself a good Mercedes Independent (indie) garage , usually these are Mercedes trained mechanics with vast experience ( ex main dealer), whose overheads are significantly lower than main dealers and therefore charge much less labour cost.
They are generally also much better with the older models
Where are you based, we can likely recommend a good one for you ?

Hi I’m based in Middlesbrough, I have just went back out to check it and it’s flashing very faintly once ever 3/4 seconds or so? Ignition off and locked.. could it be an earth issue?

I will ring my indie today also

Top Bottom