w215

1. M

CL500 W215 2004 sidelights can't remove.

Hi, probably an easy one and I'm being useless but how the hell do I remove and replace my side lights on my 2004 W214 CL500? Normally you can just pull or twist, but is there a way of doing it? Is there a clip I'm missing as it's a very tight fit behind the headlights. Thanks.
  2. C

W215 drain box

Well ladies and gents, the car would have had to pick NOW to leak into the passenger footwell. We’re sat in the car park at Folkestone Eurotunnel in a storm... Can someone tell me please how easy it is to get at the drain box to clear it out? I’ve no idea where it is.
  3. S

W215 Drain hole location under bonnet- where?

I have only had my CL for a month, and have been thinking on and off about checking this fabled drain hole for blockages as I don't fancy £££ worth of ECU destruction and a wet footwell thrown in. I have searched on here but haven't found the info, so I thought I'd ask about where this drainage...
  4. rapiscan

CL500 Driver door broken cables

Hi, my CL500 driver door suddenly lost ALL power, no window, mirrors, seat adjust etc... then few hrs later it went ok, then went again and has stayed dead! I suspected the door cables so slit open the sheathes of the 3 trunkings and found about 90% severed!! So I laboriously soldered a couple...
  5. C

Reverse connected battery in my 2001 W215 CL500 :o( HELP!

Dear All! My name is Christiaan and I live in The Netherlands, a mile from the John Frost bridge, known for the Battle for Arnhem... (WWII, Operation Market Garden, September 1944). Mine's a 2001 - W215 - CL500. During what must have been a mental blackout/shutdown I reverse connected a...
  6. C

W220/ W215 COMAND 2.5 & other issues, & some solutions

Well ladies & gents, after some time away from doing things to cars I have sat down and worked out a few solutions to my carious CL-based issues. The main ones are, in no order of importance: 1. Satnav does not work. 2. Phone calls via car kit can have significant noise at the other end. 3...
  7. E

Mercedes CL55 AMG as a daily driver investment???

Hi Guys! I'm new to the forum but have been reading threads for years now. I'm looking to buy a 2000-2003 reg CL55AMG to use as a daily driver but with the hope that I'll make some money off it! The budget is around £6,000 so looking at one with 60-80k miles on it. I've always been impressed...
  8. C

W215 poor mobile service & quality

Ok chaps, My 215 has a Visseeo MB3000 fitted into the armrest cradle. No problems pairing my iPhone with it.... The problems come when I try to make or receive calls. Network reception in the car is terrible, at best 3 bars and most usually 1 or 2. This is in areas where I'd normally...
  9. G

Cl500 control arm punctured tyre

Hi, Wondering if anyone could help me. I have a 2000 Cl500 W215. On friday i got a puncture in the near side front tyre. Went to change the tyre and it appears that a bolt from the suspension control arm has dug into the tyre and cut through the entire tyre as it has been rotating...
  10. S

new to this forum Cl500 owner

Hello, I have been coming to this and other Mercedes forums for about a year now ever since I bought my w215 Cl500 or c215 depending on who you ask. I have benefited so much from them it's now time for me to join in and help. I also am starting to bring the car back to tip top as I bought...
  11. S

new to this forum Cl500 owner

hey everyone I have been using this forum and others to guide me through Cl500 ownership since I bought the car a year ago. now that I have had some time to learn I want to give back to the community that has helped me and after a year of owning this car I have learned some parts are hard to...
  12. C

W215 Cl500 side door opening adjustment

Well, here's something unusual. Side note first- due to its "garage queen" status I've only had the family in the car a few times, most of its driving so far has been me solo. So- last weekend saw us in the car over to visit my folks. On opening the door for SWMBo, 'cos I'm polite like that...
  13. C

W215 wheel bolt length

Right. First of all I'm either careless, a tool or a careless tool. Back in Feb I bought a new set of wheels for my CL and along with them, a new set of wheel bolts. Actually two new sets, one was 5mm too long so they were returned and a new set bought. Fine, they work lovely and the wheels...
  14. C

Bit of a whiffy smell when A/C is on

Mods, not sure if this belongs in Interiors or Electrics so please move as necessary. So driving my 215 I've noticed that when the fan comes on, I get a bit of a musty pong. Almost exactly like something's got damp and gone rotten. Where should I be looking? Heater box? If so where is...
  15. C

Axle stand location for 215 CL500

Good afternoon all, could someone please tell me the best place to leave a 215 on axle stands, to allow me to remove a front wheel and take the weight off the strut? Pic would be even better as I'm a bit thick where it comes to descriptions ;)
  16. C

W215 CL500 replacement windscreen

Hi guys, I have discovered a crack in my front windscreen, down in the black print area below the dash front. I guess I will have to have this repaired through my insurance glass policy. My car has auto wipers fitted (standard I think for this model?) so can anyone please tell me: 1...
  17. B

W215 battery drain, fuses located

Hi, Have had an issue with my battery draining so went to Maplin and bought a car current tester, fuse ammeter. They sell one with article number N48CY for I think it was 13 pounds in case someone else needs one. By checking each and every fuse I have now located a few where there was a current...
  18. B

W215 Flat battery, mechanical key turns but doesn't open boot

Hi, First let me start by saying that I have gone through a fair bit of reading before this post as seems like quite a few have had this issue, however, so far unable to get into boot. Battery is completely flat and before it went flat there was a constant noise from the car, as if the...
  19. C

Leaking wash system

Well, the 215 is reporting only 1 malfunction- low wash fluid. Filled it yesterday, this morning noticed a damp patch By right front wheel, put it down to melting frost. On startup the wash fluid was low. So it looks like something is leaking. Has anyone had a leaky wash tank before? And if...
  20. C

CL500 first trip disaster

Well, after picking the car up yesterday a few things came to light: OCP fix has cured key fob range issue. Sunroof works perfectly on tilt, but only goes back an inch at a time then stops. Then button press, another inch then stops. However it goes forwards just fine. Engine power seems...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom