BAS ESP light on - Tacho & Cruise OK - Help!

TNG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK 200 Auto - 1998
I've read lots on this and other forums about BAS/ ABS faults but I've got a problem that seems different.

I have a W208 CLK 200 that was running faultlessly up until I decided to sell it. The next time I turned on the ignition the dreaded BAS/ESP lights came on. How did it know?

The tacho still works and the cruise still works. I replaced the brake switch. I tried moving the steering all the way left lock to right lock.

I then had a problem with the windows refusing to come back up. So, I thought maybe I had a weak battery. Checked it and found it was weak. Replaced the battery and reset the windows. Tried the lock-to-lock thing on the steering.

Still got the BAS/ESP lights. Tacho and cruise still work. Brake lights work. Generic analyser shows no faults.

Any ideas before I bite the bullet and get it put on a STARS analyser?

Anyone know of someone who has and can use a STARS in the East Lancs or Preston areas - and won't charge a fortune for 5 minutes work?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
One of the 2 ESP sensors, call in on Frank Massey in Preston.

OP
T

TNG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK 200 Auto - 1998
BAS / ESP

Thanks - I'll do that.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom