CLK270CDI rpm in quiescence issue

Merdjan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2003/270CDI
Hi, I have a 06/2003 Mercedes CLK270 CDI 170PS manual gearbox.The board computer doesn't show any errors related to the car and engine itself(only some issues with the climatronic).
My issue is that when the car works and is in quiescence it doesn't always stay on constant rpm value.For example it goes from 850rpm ot 800 from time to time(I am not talking only about when the car has just started.It does it when i push the clutch.)
What could have cause this and how should I proceed?
I am worried because I bought the car recently and I don't know its technical condition.I hope the problem isn't major. :(

Richard Elliot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 E270CDi
Mine has done this for years, after being advised that the injectors were needing replacing - 1000 euros - I decided to ignore it. 80000km later it's the same, although a long run sorts it out for a few weeks.

OP
M

Merdjan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2003/270CDI
Not good. :( Who has told you this?And what distance do you mean by long run?Does this affect the acceleration?Is this the price for one or for all five injections?

Richard Elliot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 E270CDi
A long run is three hours. the price is for a bosch exchange unit for five injectors (rebuilt, not new)

OP
M

Merdjan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2003/270CDI
thanks,man.My local mercedes-benz dealer service mechanic explained to me that it's not a problem that the rpm don't stay constant,because the car isn't very old and it probably won't need any injectors replaced in the next few years.i have no acceleration problems so i think i don't have an issue. :)

Last edited:

Angeloj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK270CDI Avantgarde
I don't know where you get your diesel but maybe try Shell from now on and go to www.netparts.co.uk and treat yourself to a bottle of Rev Tech fuel treatment! I have been doing all of my cars now for years with this stuff which was formerly known as greased lightening, and it keeps them running sweet, lean and clean!!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom