Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Hi Everyone!

I have owned my C200 since April 2019 and it has not skipped a beat. I brought it on 102k on the clock and full service history. I had to get some work done to it along with a relationship break up and moving house, moved jobs, lost the key so had to get a new one ect It's been a tough year! so she was off the road for a good 6 months. I finally have her back YAY!!! Shes as she used to be apart from...my blowers have stopped working :(! I get hot air being pushed through when in transit but no setting is actually blowing air, i've check all fuses ect. but can't find anything wrong, I've found the blower motor ect under the glove box but unfortunatly I am not that great at these kinda things! (even though i've worked for Ford and Audi as a SA for years!) Does anyone have any pointers for me? It's soooo cold in Jan in the UK :(

Also I don't think my Headunit software is up to date, I'm unable to get onto the AUX option...I have had it working many moons ago but it wasn't that important to me then as I had another car to use at the time. It's not got SATNAV or anything like that it's quite basic.

If you need anymore info please just let me know and I'll do my best.

Many thanks!!

Alexa

Last edited:
OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Pic attached!

Attachments

• Mercedes.jpg
    Mercedes.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 40

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Is the fan just seized due to being stood? EmilysMum's car suffered a seized fan due to water ingress but I managed to get my hand in to turn it .... sorted! :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Is the fan just seized due to being stood? EmilysMum's car suffered a seized fan due to water ingress but I managed to get my hand in to turn it .... sorted! :)
Spray of silicone oil on the bearings can keep them going for a good while - my old VW Caravelle used to whine a bit, quick spray and another 6-9 months of silent operation :)

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Hi EmilysDad,

Thanks for the suggestion! That could well be it, (a lot cheaper than replacing the unit) I will have to give a go, were you able to do this from under the glove box or did you have to remove anything?

Thanks again!

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Hello and Welcome,

Yellow number plate should be on the back :D
Spray of silicone oil on the bearings can keep them going for a good while - my old VW Caravelle used to whine a bit, quick spray and another 6-9 months of silent operation :)

Hi Blobcat,

LOL thanks for pointing that out! Just wanted to cover my plate, silly me haha

have to check my grandads workshop or batt my eyelashes at the lads at a shop, Ill give that a go!

Thanks!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi EmilysDad,

Thanks for the suggestion! That could well be it, (a lot cheaper than replacing the unit) I will have to give a go, were you able to do this from under the glove box or did you have to remove anything?

Thanks again!

Her car is a Citroen but I managed to just get my fingers to the fan from under the bonnet via the pollen filter housing.

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Her car is a Citroen but I managed to just get my fingers to the fan from under the bonnet via the pollen filter housing.

Thanks EmilysDad, I'll give it a go when I get home from work. Appreciate it! x

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Has the car got AC, the gas could have leaked due to non use and you could have lost lubricating properties somewhere in the AC circuit.

As a first, do as above, you found the blower, are you hany with a multimeter, check if there is V going to it, if Y, spin it hand and get some lube on there. take it one step at time.

Things will only get better this year!!

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Has the car got AC, the gas could have leaked due to non use and you could have lost lubricating properties somewhere in the AC circuit.

As a first, do as above, you found the blower, are you hany with a multimeter, check if there is V going to it, if Y, spin it hand and get some lube on there. take it one step at time.

Things will only get better this year!!

Hi!

I've checked all fuses with multimeter hoping it was just a blown fuse. AC doesn't give me cold air and it needs regassing/new condenser

Will I have to take the motor out to manually spin it?

Thank you for your suggestions, i'll give an update when i've had a chance to get under the glove box, currently helping my grandad with redoing our bathroom!

Last edited:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

Will I have to take the motor out to manually spin it?

Hopefully not as it seems these days that they start building a car with the fan motor & build everything else around it. I managed to reach in through the air intake under the wiper scuttle and I have spade like hands :D

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Check first if it needs a new condensor (due to leak) then it will need a regas anyway. so be sure if its a leak in the condesor, get that fixed first and take it from there. You motor might not spin if there is no gas due to signals from the ac circuit. I would be surprised a 2010 car has a failed condensor.
My w220 has had one regas in 16 years so you may be due.

Once you find the motor you will be able to betwemine if needs coming out, again I doubt the motor at that age of car and given what you saod about the regas, condensor.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
A/C won't operate unless the fan motor is going. Get that sorted first before looking at A/C.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom