Just bought a 2006 C220 CDI Estate - need some advice :)

josephcarey1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 CDI 2006 Avantgarde Estate
Hey!

I hope everyone is well.

I just bought myself a 2006 C220 CDI Estate and have a few questions about it as I have no hand book with it. It's automatic and is the Avantgarde model.

I've searched Google a bit today but cannot find any reference to what I want.

Ok so it is to do with the mirrors or to be more specific the drivers side mirror mainly.
I had a E220 57 plate on hire when it was only 5 months old which was 7 years ago now and can't see to remember and didn't play much about with it but remember that the drivers side mirror at night tints when lights from other vehicles hit the mirror. Is there a way to turn this off? some people might like it but I actually find it rather annoying. The passengers side doesn't do it and if there is a way to turn it off then I'd love to do it.

I've been through all of the settings on the display in between the speed and rev counter but nothing references it. Unless I have missed it.

All help welcome :)

In general what are these cars like? A worker at Mercedes in Guildford told my Dad when his friend took his E270 there for the SBS to be looked at said that between 2001 and 2005 they suffered with a lot of electrical faults as Chrysler had a big influence on the electronics but after 2005 they were great cars. I don't know if that is true or not.

so far I love the car and is returning 48MPG after a 65 mile trip yesterday. The only fault I have with it is the fold in mirrors, the switch is worn our and I found this out after folding the mirrors in and couldn't get them back out! Turns out after playing with the switch it is worn and possible needs replacing. The mirror positioning part of the switch isn't good either. I'm going to buy a second hand one and fit it myself.

Many thanks,
Joe

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have the internal mirror that dims, and in turn this dims the drivers door mirror only. Yes you can take a wire off the mirror glass and it will not dim.

OP
J

josephcarey1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 CDI 2006 Avantgarde Estate
Ah I see. Cool. I will look at disconnecting this then. Thanks for the help

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you do not want either to dim, look in the drivers mirror and you will see a little circle, just cut a tiny piece of sticky tape and put it over the circle.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom