Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi
Hello everyone,

Can someone please help me, i have a c220 cdi 2004, it keeps going in limp mode.

This problem originated after i replaced my 1St turbo which had the shaft broken. It started going into limp mode a day later it was replaced. so the mechanic advised me its the actuator switch, so i replaced the whole turbo& actuator switch which i got from a running car, still i had the same problem.

But every time i switch my car off and on it works for a short time, then i have the same problem it doesn't go past 3000 rpm
the actuator switch moves when you turned the engine on.

Now i have been to number of garages and everyone telling me different things to change Eg lamber censor.

also i have the fault codes which is:

2510001: check component Y100/1 (right charge pressure positioner signals fault).

2195004: heating check component G3/2 o2 censor of cat signal line is interrupted.

Thank you very much for your help.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
the code p2510-001 strongly suggests a turbo fault, either sticking vanes or actuator, or even possibly a short on the PWM signal wire to it - but unlikely.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi
Thank you very much for your reply's much appreciated.

I Reconditioned the 1st turbo, and the second turbo with the actuator switch was second hand from a working car...

Have you any suggestions what i should do??

Thank you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi
Thank you very much for your reply's much appreciated.

I Reconditioned the 1st turbo, and the second turbo with the actuator switch was second hand from a working car...

Have you any suggestions what i should do??

Thank you.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom