Possible EV.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Only downfall of paying for a car with cash nowadays is the sales people don’t roll the red carpet out for you in fact quite the reverse
Nothing like a Tesco carrier bag full of cash for your purchases I bought one of my first properties with one.

Now I have to go ten rounds with the Bank to get my own money out even more amusing is I have known some of them for decades.

One of the richest men I know threw a paddy in the same Bank when he couldn't get the cash out he wanted, it amused me highly and I offered to lend it to him which everyone thought was hilarious except him.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Nothing like a Tesco carrier bag full of cash for your purchases I bought one of my first properties with one.

Now I have to go ten rounds with the Bank to get my own money out even more amusing is I have known some of them for decades.

One of the richest men I know threw a paddy in the same Bank when he couldn't get the cash out he wanted, it amused me highly and I offered to lend it to him which everyone thought was hilarious except him.

Please don’t get me started on that! It’s like it’s ludicrous to have a penny to your name nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
So your tell me if you walked into a Car showroom and pointed at a particular car, at say, £100,000 and said but I want to pay cash, then produced a bag with £100,000 In it they wouldn't take it. Cobblers! :oops:

lewyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
So your tell me if you walked into a Car showroom and pointed at a particular car, at say, £100,000 and said but I want to pay cash, then produced a bag with £100,000 In it they wouldn't take it. Cobblers! :oops:
They wouldn’t, money laundering nightmare.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
when i bought my e350 they accepted half bank transfer and half cash , wouldnt take more than 9k in cash.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
They wouldn't now :( money laundering regulations pretty much put a stop to that. "They" want to know where it's all come from and if they've had their tax

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They wouldn't now :( money laundering regulations pretty much put a stop to that. "They" want to know where it's all come from and if they've had their tax
But why/how would "They" know? The dealer takes the money, are they really bothered where the money's come from, for the goods,banks the money, job done. :oops:

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
But why/how would "They" know? The dealer takes the money, are they really bothered where the money's come from, for the goods,banks the money, job done. :oops:
They have the requirement by law to prove where the money came from and that it wasn’t from illegal activities

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They have the requirement by law to prove where the money came from and that it wasn’t from illegal activities
Ok, I can sort of understand that. So you pay the 100k to the dealer, using your debit card or bank transfer etc, I'm presuming that's ok. Nobody would know,
if the money came from illegal activities would they? Or do you still have to prove where it came from? All seems a bit odd and drawn out to me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DSK

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Ok, I can sort of understand that. So you pay the 100k to the dealer, using your debit card or bank transfer etc, I'm presuming that's ok. Nobody would know,
if the money came from illegal activities would they? Or do you still have to prove where it came from? All seems a bit odd and drawn out to me. :rolleyes:
Try going to the bank with £xxxxx they have many questions about it as well as they have the same requirements - stops all those pharmaceutical delivery's depositing their £10 & £20 notes.
What you want is a some way to get your cash into the system - a car wash, barber, anywhere that can take a lot of cash - once it's in and your "books" look good to the inland revenue you can go off and buy your super-car, super-yacht, watch, house etc

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just a thought, but why / how do people end up with a large sum of cash legitimately? :)
Selling stuff on marketplace, car boots etc, gambling wins at the horses/dogs etc.

lewyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Except Taycans apparently.

There's a big sign on the door no bla*** no Iri** and no Taycans.
Huh?

I’d imagine that they would be delighted to sell you a Taycan for cash transfer via your banking app.

Last edited:

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Just a thought, but why / how do people end up with a large sum of cash legitimately? :)

I have done jobs, such as consultancy work and some people just have cash they taken out for other stuff over the years, kept it aside and used that to pay me. Over the last month a customer paid me for work I did last year in batches of £15k transfers each week.

Now if I want to take £20/30k to snap up car privately that I’d only be competing with dealers to buy, cash has played it’s part well to just get a deal done. But, try getting that out, so it’s nice to always have cash aside to avoid the ball aches.

There’s a lot of dodgy actors but, decent sums can be earned and moved with legitimate reasons and with some types of people the sums are just larger due to their business. It isn’t helped by the fact that it’s reported that the majority don’t have much at all in savings, so you get labelled with the bad actors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom