S Class 2007 Entertainment System

Najir Hussain

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class/2007/3.0 V6
Hi all,

Wanted to ask if anyone knew of a place in the UK that did entertainment systems for the S Class W221 2007 model.

I saw a link online however they are based in America. Link provided below.

I am looking for something which can connect my phone via Bluetooth to play music and make/receive calls. If there is a system which can mirror my phone that would be brilliant.

I can currently connect my phone via Bluetooth but don’t seem to have the option to make/receive calls or play music.

I would be grateful if you could provide any information.

Many thanks

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Hi all,

Wanted to ask if anyone knew of a place in the UK that did entertainment systems for the S Class W221 2007 model.

I saw a link online however they are based in America. Link provided below.

I am looking for something which can connect my phone via Bluetooth to play music and make/receive calls. If there is a system which can mirror my phone that would be brilliant.

I can currently connect my phone via Bluetooth but don’t seem to have the option to make/receive calls or play music.

I would be grateful if you could provide any information.

Many thanks

Mine had bluetooth, and tel. Pre wiring but wouldnt connect to an iPhone 7 properly.
Saw it and its name, said it had paired but didn't??
Dealer said I needed a GENUINE MERCEDES-BENZ HFP BLUETOOTH CRADLE B67880000
Got it off a nice lady on eBay used in her CL now not required as her new car 2016 did it on its own.
07AF7811-E4E7-4343-AFDA-E9417D9F359D.jpeg
Note a friend bought some clone thing .. that stopped the CTEL module shutting down, and thus left the amp fan running and flattened his battery very quickly.

Phone now works perfectly ... all integrated features work perfectly.
Never tried music though.

As the solution is almost vin specific, its Best speak to Comand online.

They are the experts and sell all the stuff you need.

Why, if I have bluetooth .. would I need a bluetooth PUK?? is totally beyond me. But I did.

Last edited:
OP
N

Najir Hussain

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class/2007/3.0 V6
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

From what I understand this will only allow me to make and receive calls.

Is there any way I can connect my phone to use it for calls and music?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

Is there any way I can connect my phone to use it for calls and music?

that's a very interesting video, there was a company that charged stupid money in the USA that had hacked into the NTG3 comand and overlaid there version of events. ...mid city engineering, this looks like it'll be $1000 dollars or so ???

not a bad guess http://www.navtool.com/mercedes-benz-s-class-2007-2009-smartphone-mirroring-category.aspx

Does anyone know why carplay isn't wireless .... like that isn't just a pointless waste of space?

The basics on the standard set up below....

The Comand system in your car is unique to the S class from 2006 to 2009. Its an NTG3 system and a real pain as virtually no one makes any compatible kit to go with it.

If you have Bluetooth then I think you must have the phone connection point (UHI) in the centre console.
The Bluetooth in this setup is ONLY to allow a device to connect wirelessly to a phone already plugged in the UHI
Also note: a Merc UHI socket can not stream music.

The component Submariner1 lists will work but ONLY for phone calls. It works by pretending it's a mobile phone (which it then BT connects to your actual phone). There are many listed secondhand on ebay. But, there are I believe 5 or 6 variants and only the current ones for around £250 work with all the latest phones.

There's another company that is /isn't in business ?? a very strange Chinese lot, that make a Viseeo MB-3 or MB-4 that's better than the merc device and go for around £120 second-hand and if you apply (the hard to get) firmware and the right dip switch setting (which are not in the instructions) is compatible and work reliably. Its what I'm using.

This same company make very good Bluetooth music streaming gadgets... But (and this is where you need to be very lucky....) for this to work you need to have the optional, rare and exceptionally clunky, Mercedes iPod integration kit fitted. So if you can find a 30 pin iPod plug in the glove box and aux on the list of audio devices, you could try a Viseeo tune2air MB-1000 device.

Note: you will never see track names / or be able to get around the menus using the comand system. This nasty hack extra from Merc, only allows steering wheel button control and names shown in the speedo display.

And if you don't have the iPod kit they stopped being available new in 2011 and whilst there are thousands out there for any other Merc because of the mad comand set up, NTG 3 compatible ones with the wiring loom are hard to get hold of..... Although USA spec ones work (when allegedly they shouldn't) and it again is what I have in my car.

Note the Viseeo tune2air is also out of production, but what I suspect is the same device under a different name is about on amazon called a bovee tune2air. Note there are 3 models for different cars (the 30pin VAG one I think works with old Merc's)

last point if you don't have an option on the navigation for bird eye view and you want 3d map display.... you can update the mapping and get down to a merc dealer for them to flash the comand system with a update from 2009 that enables it. It'll be an hour chargeable and they will forget to re-enable the AC leaving you with it turned off (2009 car's had a different AC compressor /wiring set up), they need to plug it back in and tick a box and its all normal again. You tell em they don't bother to listen

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom