SLKJOHN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK/1999/230
Windo info......a long shot

I will look into this in the morning

But I do have one paper on this if you would like it now

Hi Television,

I know this is a bit of a long shot but do you still have the information about the SLK R170 window alignment problem and its resolve?

I have a 1999 R170, which I still love to bits, but the driver's side window has become misaligned when fully up. Not only does this cause an annoying whistle when driving but the door is noticeably hard to close as there is a lot of pressure between the leading edge of the window and its mating rubber seal, I'm nervous of breaking the glass.

If you still have the info I would very much appreciate a copy.

Very many thanks

Kind regards

John :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes I have it all and you are welcome to it. can you activate your PM box.

SLKJOHN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK/1999/230
Hi to all,

A heartfelt plea:

Has anyone on this forum still have the information on fixing the SLK window alignment problem?

My 1999 R170 has recently developed this fault and at the the time of this forum there seemed to be a number of members with the same issue.

Any advice would be very much appreciated all be it from many ears ago.

Thank you

Best wishes

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Look at the post above, I have offered it to you.

SLKJOHN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK/1999/230
That's just brilliant thank you so much.
I'm not quite sure how to activate the private message box, I'll have a look and get back to you.

Thanks again, very much appreciated.

Best wishes

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do not worry, I have sent you an Email, just reply

SLKJOHN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK/1999/230
Hi,

I've had a bit of a rummage in the forum's 'back office' and can't see where I can activate the PM button on my postings, it may be that this is a privilege that can only be earned my making a certain number of postings.

I'd appreciate any input as you are such a frequent contributor you may know where I'm going wrong.

In the meantime I'd be happy to receive the window info to my email address of:-

johnbohn01 at gmail dot com

if that's possible.

Thanks again

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And I will send you what you need :D:D

SLKJOHN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK/1999/230
And I will send you what you need :D:D

Hi Television,

Well the good news is that after reading the info you sent me I can see that the problem is caused by the window going up about 4mm too high before it stops.

Before I start stripping the door trim off to I just wondered if you had any more information on "teaching" the window lift motor where to stop. I did try putting 4mm spacer between the top of the glass and door frame and holding the lift button for 10 seconds as suggested in one of your earlier postings but sadly it didn't seem to make any difference.

I can't quite see how this would actually work because it would need a pretty sophisticated feed back system, but on the the other hand this a MB ;)

If you do have any more info it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

John :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Television,

Well the good news is that after reading the info you sent me I can see that the problem is caused by the window going up about 4mm too high before it stops.

Before I start stripping the door trim off to I just wondered if you had any more information on "teaching" the window lift motor where to stop. I did try putting 4mm spacer between the top of the glass and door frame and holding the lift button for 10 seconds as suggested in one of your earlier postings but sadly it didn't seem to make any difference.

I can't quite see how this would actually work because it would need a pretty sophisticated feed back system, but on the the other hand this a MB ;)

If you do have any more info it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

John :D

I will have a look, the motor has a turns counter and it usually finds it own level and this info you store with the memory buttons.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom