V280 flat battery - where are the jump start points, help pls!

Simon Lunn

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V280 Campervan
Hi
Stupidly left my headlights on over night, battery is dead as a Dodo. I've seen videos on YT that show a red cap you push in to expose a positive terminal and that there is a pillar sticking out on body work for the negative.

My van does not have these I can't find them anywhere.

The van has been converted into a campervan and I know the battery is under the fron passenger seat, but that has a turn table mounting so it can swivel once the van is stationary. So I can't take the seat out and lift the battery out easily at all.

It's a V280 Ambiente, imported from Japan, so I have no manual to refer to.

View media item 2837

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Usually the positive pin is in a black box with a red + on it mounted to the passenger side inner wing. That said you photo shows nothing like that.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Long shot - if you have another vehicle, or access to one, you can use the cigarette lighter to cigarette lighter connection to give you enough power to start your vehicle. Once started the battery will recharge.

(Note to self: Run extension live terminal from battery to convenient accessible position in case of future problems.)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom