W115 clutch pedal stuck!!

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
As I thougtht ,the whole clutch components will have to be replaced. This is expected when doing up a classic car, so don't get disheartened, also wheels of and check all brakes.

OP
Tukka

Tukka

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
200D 1973
Clutch problem finally sorted!! After changing both slave and master cylinders,endless hours of bleeding manually and with a pressure bleeder,reverse bleeding etc and still only getting about 50mm of resistance right at the very bottom of pedal travel,I came up with one last idea and ir worked! Though Im still not sure why. It seemed to me that the master cylinder piston was either not returning fully or not going down fully so I removed the m/c (again) and noticed that the push rod sits in a fairly deep well in the piston top.I found a suitable small metal dowel and dropped that into the hole,it came about two thirds of the way up,and then replaced the m/c and pushrod,bled the system again and bingo! I would have expected to have gained 10 or 20mm of pedal but this has restored a full pedal travel.Its been such a relief.Still not sure if the m/c I bought isnt quite the exact one or the piston is shorter?? The body of the m/c is exactly right.Anyway mystery solved and now have a driveable car.At least I can now get the car into my garage where I can start on the bodywork restoration.I seem to have gone into italics but dont know why!

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom