W163 2003 Ipod or AUX added to Command 2.0 radio upgrade

Kiwi_Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003 Diesel
Upgrade of the Command 2.0 Bose sound system without MOST etc is possible. I purchased a cable (and the head unit removal keys) from the guys at Command Online in the UK and it came with instructions to attach 4 wires into the back of the head unit into C2.

You then fit the other end of the cable (which is the AUX in plug) wherever you want, within reason... the cable is quite short. It is suggested it goes in the glovebox but I installed mine in the passenger seat footwell area beside the Accessory power plug (see pics). 18.5mm hole to be drilled - that made me nervous! Cockpit.jpeg Plug installed.jpeg

I did get confused as there was a plug in C2 already, with two wires. I took that plug apart (after carefully taking note of the pin position of the wires) and then just inserted the 2 original wires and the 4 new wires onto the correct pins. Done!

If I can do this mod, anyone can - I am the guy that if you give me a hammer everything looks like a nail!

Ipod now plays through the AUX option (found in the system menu).

OP
Kiwi_Benz

Kiwi_Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003 Diesel
These are pics of the plug in C@ with the two wires (pink and grey - we can argue that but they look pink and grey to me :)) .

20200803_171541.jpg 20200803_171531.jpg

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I also went this route but it really was a stopgap for me as the input is line level so requires an amp really or the audio is quite quiet.
I ended up selling the COMAND 2.0 for what I paid and fitted an Android unit which looks OEMish and is just so much better audio and functionality wise.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom