W204 2011 OM651 Engine Mounts Question

matthew k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 320 cdi Sport 7 seat estate
Lemforder are OK, but still not as good as MB oem.

Corteco are crap.

Febi are an importer/rebrander and don't actually make anything directly so bit of a gamble.

'Corteco' are crap. I AGREE, people seem to have a good opinion of them on here, but I'm very disappointed. And given the same seller is still offering them on Ebay it would seem unlikely they were fake, I mean, Corteco would have shut them down surely?

I do have good experience of Febi, W124 estate Spheres, E60 530d (highly tweaked) Guibo Joint, did 50,000 miles, same car front discs and pads, felt excellent from day one. Had previously fitted some Brembo and Meyle pads, they were awful, probably the pads not the discs.

Febi stuff from my experience has been good value and quality. Maybe I should try them again?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
'Corteco' are crap. I AGREE, people seem to have a good opinion of them on here, but I'm very disappointed. And given the same seller is still offering them on Ebay it would seem unlikely they were fake, I mean, Corteco would have shut them down surely?

I do have good experience of Febi, W124 estate Spheres, E60 530d (highly tweaked) Guibo Joint, did 50,000 miles, same car front discs and pads, felt excellent from day one. Had previously fitted some Brembo and Meyle pads, they were awful, probably the pads not the discs.

Febi stuff from my experience has been good value and quality. Maybe I should try them again?

Febi is next best after MB I have found.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
No I think sharing it should be fine!

Suhail Khan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 e250 CDI 2011
Hey Guys,

I have completed the replacement of the Engine Mounts on OM651 on W204. To be honest with you I do not understand why WIS is saying to unbolt alternator and A/C compressor. The right engine mount from the driver side is a little bit harder as we need to take out Air Filter Box and the upper catalyst that is connected to the turbo but it is dead easy. Then we can take out the engine mount without any issue. The left side is just taking out screws and taking out the mount.

Thank you all for help.
hi there =) i have the same issue as you. i want to change my timing chain tensioner also.

isit possible to remove R side enigine mount without removing AC and alternator?

so the L engine mount is just a matter of lifting the engine a little and unbolting?

also did you have to remove the smaller catalyst (example below) easily?or did it need some heat to get bolts off?

thanks

MERCEDES-E-W207-W212-KATALIZATOR-FILTR-2-2-220-CDI

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom