Drivers that really irritate me

turnipsock

Reaction score
shrekky said:
Ah but turnip the trick is to get past with a trailer in the 1st place.......
cant go in the fast lane,cant undertake,both ways you break the law

Highway Code Rule 139.

"stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left."

That should cover it.

Last edited:

shrekky

Reaction score
sunderland...where ?......just south of scotland..
and i quote me !" !!!.................having had enough of this i decided to go by her............not many cars around,quickly i nip into the fast lane,foot down ,once past her i pulled back in........never going above 60mph" WATCH MT LIPS !!!!!!!!!!!................there were no queues..................there was hardly a damn thing on the road except me,her and the birds eating road kill..............lol

Last edited:

ColinG

Reaction score
Hear Hear Turnipsock, Highway code rule 139!! I use it to justify any undertaking situation to Mrs C when she says "you shouldn`t do that"
I also like driving in the States, they are supposed to stick to the same lane discipline as us. However because they put exit ramps either side of the carriageway it`s hard to define a fast lane, so everyone travels at their own speed passing merrily on either side. It looks chaotic but it`s actually less stressful than dealing with lane hogs, and seems to work well.

blassberg

Reaction score
why do people who have deliberately sat in front of you when they could easily move over, whinge when you slow down and box them in when you could easily move over?

turnipsock

Reaction score
Some low life dropped a banana skin on the slip road at junction 10 today...how dangerous is that?

If I ever find out who it was, I'll rip out his tongue and use it to paint my boat.

Last edited:

joe bloggs

Reaction score
1 People who are too lazy to read all the other posts to see if this has been said already.
2 Yup rear fog lamps are right up there, wonder how many motorway pile ups are caused by that one.
3. People that indicate left and then drive past 16 left turns before turning into their driveway.
4. Twa*s that pull in about 3 inches infront of you after overtaking and then proceed to create the stonechips you have carefully avoided for years.
5. Now this appears to be a female thing (not bad driving you understand, just irritating) but if you are waiting at a (narrow) side street to turn right onto the main road and someone approaches from the left who wants to turn into your side street you can bet a bloke will slow down and let you out first (makes sense, more room for him), ladies nearly always will pretend you are not there and attempt to squeeze past, almost removing your o/s/f wing in the process. hey ho.
6. Cars in front who scoosh their washers, and it goes over the top onto yours on a lovely perfect day when you've just spent all saturday polishing the bl**dy thing.....
7. People that slow down on the acceleration lane when joining a motorway (its not a bl**dy give way junction).
8. Yes the bloke that seeks out your carefully parked (away from everyone) car and then parks 1 foot away so he can put a lovely ding in yours.
9. People that decide to browse the contents of the petrol kiosk when there are 25 people waiting for petrol outside.......also the bloke that decides to do his home accounts at the cash machine......or the person in front of you in the queue who insits in filing his receipt under p for petrol in his wallet before clearing off.
Ok thats enuff for now.........feel better.
Oh yes. the people that honk and point when you are (legally) driving up the bus lane....why not read the bl**dy signs.
And,
People that buy cheap rusty 210's down the local auctions and then expect the dealers and MB to get them all nicely fixed up foc, well not any more my friends.. they just spoil it for the genuine punters.

wez.k

Reaction score
Website
www.falnamusic.com
Your Mercedes
SLK280/08/2997
Similar to the middle lane thing, but what about drivers who make for the outside lane of a dual carriageway regardless of the fact that there's not another vehicle in sight? I see this every day on a road I have to drive down. Sometimes they carry on over two or three islands, still making for the ouside lane every time, then when they get to the end of the road they generally go straight on, or I have occasionally seen one turn Left! If they wanted to turn Right and somehow didn't have the confidance to move over at the correct time I could kind of understand it, allthough its still crappy driving. I asked a Driving Instructor whether they teach people to drive in this fashion these days, but he said definately not. Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

squealinneil

Reaction score
Stupidity? Indifference? Laziness? Poor moral fibre? Brung up wrong?

I don't get it either.

Last night I was on the M4 W. bound, just past Heathrow, in the left hand lane. About half a mile ahead was another car (Vectra sporty model) in the middle lane of an otherwise empty Mway. Pulled into the middle lane & flashed my lights from about 400 yards back - no movement, flashed from 200 - no movement, 100 yards away high beam on - no movement. Overtook in the right (fast) lane & pulled across 3 lanes to get back into the left lane - no movement. Two other cars spaced about 4-500 yrds. behind me & each other did the same flashing exercise & on the 2nd car the middle lane idiot got the message & moved out of the ****** way.

One educated, a zillion to go.

Now, don't get me started on the car full of (Muslim?) women, dressed entirely in black sheets apart from an eye slit who were in the fast lane of the M4 elevated section at 35mph with rear fog lights & high beam on, oblivious to oncoming flashing & following cars flashing.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
squealinneil said:
Now, don't get me started on the car full of (Muslim?) women, dressed entirely in black sheets apart from an eye slit who were in the fast lane of the M4 elevated section at 35mph with rear fog lights & high beam on, oblivious to oncoming flashing & following cars flashing.

no, please help yourself. it mite make good reading

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
People who dont indicate to turn left into the junction im trying to pull out from, realy p**s me off. I sat at a juction for a good 5 mins the other day and at least 10 cars turned without indicating :mad: Leaving me sat there thinking "are they going to turn or aint they??" Arrrrrgh!!!!

Infact, people who dont use indicators full stop!!! Utter arogance :mad: They are in their own self obsessed world and dont give a thought to the other road users around them :mad:

Stu

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
One of my neighbours was a passenger in his wife's car.

When she got to a local junction with a main road, he asked "Why did you not indicate?"

Her reply was a classic - "I come along here daily. Everyone knows I turn left there"! :confused::confused::confused:

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
the silly old git who pulled straight out in front of us yesterday from a side turning....after Brian slammed on his brakes...the old codger drove off oblivious ....tch

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
thankfully, you missed me ................. :D

....indeed he did but nearly hit me instead as I was following you and thought well Alex always looks so it must be clear:shock:

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
ha ha ha...If it was you Alex...I would have let you take down my details....and capitulated...ha ha ha ha

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
Tailgaters...I hate tailgaters.I cant stand tailgaters. Tailgaters are a nightmare. Tailgaters should be shot.Tailgaters are stupid. Tailgaters deserve to get hurt (without hurting others).............Oh yes and I hate Tailgaters:mad::mad::mad:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom